ZIDOO NEO A - NEO X - NEO S

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. myzidoo

myzidoo Active Member Beta test group

I would also be interested to understand how this is done exactly....can only thing of the fact that it might take more certification the more formats are supported. It remains a RAAT implementation though...

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  2. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

hello friends of the forum

Hoping that everyone is well

I have opened a thread on AVSforum about the NEO X and S for those who are interested.

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/zi...media-player-rtd1619dr.3228096/#post-61259896

[​IMG]

I will put there the actuality and the last news about these 2 devices which according to Zidoo and those who tried them are real Swiss knives and also the one relating to all Zidoo devices as it shares the same FW

See you soon​

gymnos likes this.
  3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Curious the Neo S has 4 GByte RAM and 32 GByte Flash like UHD3000 and unlike Neo X.
    I guess it uses that same motherboard which is not only good news. The Neo X uses also top components on that one and one can hear that as better HDMI sound.

In my words: Neo S is an UHD3000 regarding sound but with the nice Front Panel and Headphone plugs of Neo X. But missing the front panel control buttons which are very handy in practice (never use touch). The headphone amplifier isn't the same build either.

My verdict: If you want the best and are willing to spend some serious money go for the real thing being Neo X.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
  4. OlivierQC

Thanks for your opinion Nice Monkey,

We will soon have a review on the HCFR forum, the member MonsieurAl ordered it on the website Futeko

Of course you can also leave this opinion on AVSforum, that could interest people to choose between the S and the X

5. OlivierQC

Hello,

Source Zidoo :
    Thank Japan Audio Society for awarding the gold Hi-Res Audio logo to Zidoo NEO S

Japan Audio Society
    Japan Audio Society | Status of Hi-Res AUDIO Logo

With its low price and excellent performance, the NEO S will be a success for Zidoo among the casual audiophile.

[​IMG]

See you soon​

gymnos likes this.
  6. OlivierQC

A question about NVMe.

Mirror indicates that it can be upgraded up to 1TB... but its location seems problematic to access it

[​IMG]

And if you remove the top part of the chassis you lose the warranty.

See you soon

7. Nice Monkey

Yes Neo S has a slightly modified (for NVMe module) standard motherboard. This as expected.
    It also has the nice hybrid PSU similar to UHD3000. :)
    Would have preferred a fixed 2.5 inch HDD slot myself.

Very nice compact design with very few cables in a thick aluminium chassis. Thanks' for the inside peek. ;)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
  8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Must admit I think the lack of hard disc caddy is a good move - you can get that with the Neo X if you want and in this case you get a much more compact design, less heat, less noise and personally I wouldn't use it.

First thing I did was whip the cover off to see the internal layout and although you can't tell unless you open it because of the bevel at the back, the chassis, sides and top are all 4.5mm machined aluminium - it's built like a tank!

If you take the back off a Dune or Zappiti they look like a Velleman project by comparison.

But yes, Olivier you are correct, there is a security sticker on one of the screws that holds the top plate on.

9. Nice Monkey

@Markswift2003
    Ever tried a 2.5 inch drive yourself? Advantage up to 6 TByte at a nice price. To get one buy an external USB unit and extract it from its housing next. Bargain price offers enough around € 100,- for 5 TByte.

Heat, power, noise and almost even the size are all very close to using a flash card. In this chassis no need for using a fan with that at all. Don't see no advantage for using flash compared with a fixed 2.5 inch drive in a media player as the potential ultra speed is totally irrelevant.

3.5 inch quick loading slots + HDD's is something very different. Use it with an 2.5 => 3.5 adapter with such 2.5 inch HDD in my Neo X, fan turned off. Quick loading then still works. Highly recommended for those who like media players with inside slots to remain cool and silent.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
  10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's kind of irrelevant to me, I have many terrabytes of NAS storage split by type - data backup, Music, Movies etc, so I just have no need for local storage.

As far as music goes, I use Logitech Squeezebox for whole house, Linn for critical listening (also a Squeezebox Transporter, but more so the Linn) and am now playing with Zidoo (which has a looooong way to go...) so as with movies which are accessed by several devices, I need the music files centralised.

11. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

Are you able to advise where to set the clock and if you can FFT to the internal hard drive, thankyou.

12. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

The flash is in fact 15 gb.

13. Nice Monkey

That size does not exist. Free flash?

14. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

It shows up as storage being 14.9 gb.

15. Nice Monkey

My Neo X shows 11,1 GByte as \Storage. That is free to use storage. I use it to put my FW update zip files there via SMB.
    Your Local Album art goes there too.

16. OlivierQC

As Nice monkey points out, the design and manufacture are neat, Zidoo continues to show its knowledge with this new model of device

Source : hao4k.cn

[​IMG]

See you soon​

andrewrona likes this.
  17. OlivierQC

Hello

[​IMG]
    What would be nice to know is if the warranty of the device is still valid if a user disassembles the chassis to change the M.2 SATA 3.0 2280 ?

See you soon​

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
    andrewrona likes this.
  18. Nice Monkey

Yes we need a formal Zidoo statement here.

andrewrona likes this.
  19. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Can the thread title please be updated or the posts regarding the Neo S moved to another thread? Otherwise it’s super confusing for people looking for info on the Neo S.

gymnos likes this.
  20. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Updated Thread Title

andrewrona and Sledgehamma like this.