Zidoo is Leading Products Support 4K UHD Blu-ray Players

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by zidoo_cj, May 6, 2017.

1. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

I dont know this show at all, so which episode are you referring to? Planet Earth II (2016).S01E06.READ.NFO.HEVC.2160p.UHD-BD.HDR.DTS-HD 5.1 will be good or some other season episode is what you are talking about?

2. polakis

polakis Member

This is ok. Check the sky shots

3. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

there is some banding in the smurf2 at the end, in the cast part... but it is still a non movie sequence, ill check the planet earth soon...

4. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

yes, planet earth shows banding.... absolutely... mostly the blue scenes, you were right..

5. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

I thought at the beginning of the smurfs, arround the letters in the white? The first second of the movie for example.
    Will check it later after the match.

6. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

maybe over there as well, but i was referring to the end of the movie.... the blue background is banded.

7. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

If you play the same movie with external hdd to TV there is no banding. (With the smurfs)

8. polakis

polakis Member

Is this banding fixable from zidoo team? Because if not then the product has no power to play 4K correctly

9. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

I don't think they will awnser. They never do.

10. polakis

polakis Member

I played smurfs 2 m2ts directly to my samsung 4k 65ju7000 with usb disk wd 1tb my passport and the picture was better. Not perfect though. Very minor banding, not noticable but it exists lightly. Better than zidoo though. But my tv does not play atmos and i cant have proper audio...only english with commentary

11. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

I think it is not a matter of the lack of power.... Using teamviewer you may check the CPU usage during 4k playback... i was wondering, since the cpu frequency was about 700+900 MHz, and the usage was around 25-30%... so i think it is a software issue...

polakis likes this.
  12. tosh123

tosh123 Member

The banding is maybe an issue how the TV handles out connection to the Zidoo depending color deep. Maybe switching from "auto" to 4:4:4 or 4:2:0 or somthing other will show other results.

gaki likes this.
  13. Ganimedessp

Ganimedessp New Member

No. It doesn't matter what setup you have, the banding is always the same. I have tried all possible combinations with same results. And it's very annoying.

14. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

Well... changing to rgb444 from 422 made some improvements... at least i think/feel... my eyes may do a trick on me, but still... would anybody check it?

15. Ganimedessp

Ganimedessp New Member

This is banding in my Zidoo. Doesn't matter what deep colors or hdmi setup. It is very annoying.

oblivion.JPG

Attached Files:

16. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

If you watch movies from other sources, like a blu-ray player or other android boxes, do you see these banding as well?

This happened to me when I bought new TV. After TV was professionally calibrated, the banding are almost 100% gone, no matter where I play my contents from.

P.S. I still can see bandings though if I watch low bitrate mkv remux.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  17. polakis

polakis Member

I asked a professional calibrator here in Greece and he told me this is not banding. It is called posterization/solarization and he said that probably its my tvs decoder that cant handle pure 4K hdr content. Dont know if he is right

18. gaki

gaki Member

He is totally right : this posterization and not banding !
    A good calibation can help to reduce the problem but can't do miracle if the TV processor sucks.
    I'm struggling with mine (LG OLED) to get the best result but i know Panasonic does better (for example).

19. JCJMC

JCJMC Member

Can you see the BR menus? I have installed the latest firmware and the last apk of the internal player, but if I want to open a BR I ask if I want to go to the menu but then directly starts the BR video, skipping the menu.

20. Ganimedessp

Ganimedessp New Member

Hi. My device is a Sony projector 4k HDR, VPL-VW550es. I only see that with 4K sources, and it's the same whatever setup I try. With a Panasonic UHD player there is not that problem.

Thank you.