Zidoo is Leading Products Support 4K UHD Blu-ray Players

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by zidoo_cj, May 6, 2017.

1. Lony

Lony Active Member

All for one Rip:D:D:D

2. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

3. Lony

Lony Active Member

Paco ?? :rolleyes::D

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Patrik ???

why don't you pm each other and have a "?" contest there :)

5. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

This Smurfs 2 UHD blu ray does not trigger HDR on my set via this apk on Zidoo x9s it just plays back in SDR, other HDR files trigger HDR fine.
    This Smurfs 2 UHD blu ray plays in HDR fine on my Oppo 203.
    Zidoo, stop releasing half baked software.

6. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

it is really interesting the high number of complains regarding UHD/HDR/SMURFS... at my site it is absolutely fine, HDR is ok, sound is ok... i am just wondering what is the cause of this heterogenous performance/experience... some hidden settings might be the cause, since once when i changed desperately every settings without luck, a factory settings restore solved all my problems...

7. polakis

polakis Member

Guys i have to say that zidoo doesnt display perfectly 4K content. I see many artifacts and pixels in backround scenes and images that isnt normal for 4K movies. Its visible even on pure uhd bluray smurfs file. Maby zidoo x9s isnt so powerful after all for 4k movies? I have a samsung 4k 65ju7000 tv. Does anyone see anything similar? Is it the player or its my tv?

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  8. DaMacFunkin

It's immaterial anyway at the moment as all films with Atmos on 1.4.4 are glitching and pausing with my Denon, they was fine on 1.2.10

9. Techead

Techead Member

My two cents

It might just be the file you DL because play any one of these files Planet.Earth.II.S01.2160p.UHD.BluRay.HDR.DTS-HD.MA5.1.x265 HDR works fine. My TV pops us saying HDR Video Playing. (Samsung 55)

10. DaMacFunkin

I don't mind people commenting on my posts so long as they read them properly...
    Just to restate, all my other HDR files trigger HDR fine on the X9S.
    The Smurfs 2 UHD download triggers HDR fine on my Oppo UDP203, but not the X9S so the file download must be fine.
    As it is i had too many other problems on 1.4.4 so i have gone back to 1.2.11 for now, i don't know if Zidoo read all these posts and collate the information or whjether we should be posting bugs in another thread?

P.S. my Ziddo X9S is wired through my Denon X2200 to my Samsung TV.

11. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

It's the player!
    You can easily remux this 0001.m2ts file with MKVTOOLNIX to a MKV container (drop the 0001.m2ts file in mkvtoolnix and compile to MKV) and copy this MKV on your external HDD and play this MKV on your Samsung TV with USB without quality loss and without Banding and artifacts! (If the rip/capture is correct!)
    With the Zidoo every 4K UHD movie has Banding!

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  12. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

none of them at my site... i have absolutely no problems playing 4K/HDR/DTS movies.... i have just dts, no more, since my avr is just dd5.1/dts capable

13. polakis

polakis Member

An
    And why there is banding on the 4k movies with zidoo? Not good

14. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

i havent noticed, i have to check it.... maybe it is time for getting some glasses...

15. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

I also have no problems playing 4K and all audio formats.
    But that was not the question.
    I think you are the first one with perfect 4K without the artifacts and banding with the X9S.
    Everyone here want to know all your settings now, because everyone has the same results here!

16. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Hope they can fix this.

17. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

lets define banding.... which movie what position...?

18. polakis

polakis Member

Everywhere my friend in every 4K movie. Lines and artifacts in the backround images especially on the up position high on the screen in clear sky shots or full white images. Its dissapointing. I hope zidoo can sort this out because this is not clear 4k experience

19. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

well.... i tried to make some photos, but obviously the resolution of my iphone will blur the image anyway.... maybe i have seen at the beginning of smurf2 some slight banding for couple of moments, but it could be seen just from 0.5-1 m distance, and just for awhile... it wasnt a movie scene, it was a computer generated image, some title scene or something.... after that, no pixelation, no banding.... at least according to my laptop screen tyred eyes... So i think that " in every 4K movie. Lines and artifacts in the backround images" doesnt stand for me, since it means that there must be some serious, visible issues also noticeable by me.....

20. polakis

polakis Member

Check every sky shot in planet earth II 4k. Banding everywhere