Zidoo image player and set custom screensaver

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Drangonbaby, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Drangonbaby

Drangonbaby New Member

Realtek1619DR model recently released v6.0.35 public test firmware, picture manager new revision, which adds custom folder function and folder set as screensaver image function is very practical, I will do a custom screensaver setup tutorial below.

Applications - launch the Image Player
    upload_2020-10-29_11-1-3.png

Enter the Image Player and click "+" to start adding Image
    upload_2020-10-29_11-1-13.png

Select the Image directory to support the sharing of external hard disk and NAS LAN
    upload_2020-10-29_11-1-27.png

After adding the image directory, you can set the folders that are not needed in the exclusion directory
    upload_2020-10-29_11-1-38.png
    upload_2020-10-29_11-2-30.png

After the addition, the image player will automatically scan and display the images in this directory as a folder
    upload_2020-10-29_11-2-40.png

Click the folder to play the picture, navigation up and down button can rotate the image
    upload_2020-10-29_11-2-55.png

Select the folder of images and press the menu button to make this folder your screensaver
    upload_2020-10-29_11-3-4.png

Finally, enter the shortcut Settings - display Settings - screen saver, setting no action to activate the screen saver time is completed, when the player has no action will enter the screen saver function, to display the previously added image in the slideshow mode
    upload_2020-10-29_11-3-17.png

2. Joao Franco

Joao Franco Member

It´s possible to use de fanart images of the movies as a screensaver?
    For example 5 an 5 sec to change for another image from movies we got.

3. Cyclion

Cyclion New Member

All I know is that this is settable with Kodi and ZDMC and I like to use this option a lot. You can also set there that the film to which the fan art just displayed belongs is shown. This often gives me some nice ideas which film I could watch again... Maybe this is also possible under HT 4.0 and if not, this would be a nice addition for the future...

I also discovered the possibility to display my own screensaver images under the Zidoo interface some time ago and I like to use this option very much!

4. Laurentiu Serban

Laurentiu Serban New Member

The Zidoo z1000 pro user manual is useless... Does anyone know how to set up a screen saver with no images, just the song info on a dark background, like Dune HD has?

5. muha

muha Active Member

Fanart is in the hidden folder so it is not accessible through Photo browser.
    I don't think that Official screensaver is that sophisticated. I tried to access settings to no avail. I guess something like Lucid Dream could do all mentioned above. It is worth of try.

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes, that's exactly what I do.

I don't know of a way to do it with the live database, but I copy the files to the screensaver folder on the Zidoo:

Go to HT4/Settings/Library/Export

Tick "Export Posters and Fanart"

This will create a fanart, poster and NFO file for each movie in each movie's folder.

You then copy all these (use cmd prompt if you know DOS, or an explorer window and search "fanart.jpg") to Storage/zddaydream on the Zidoo (Delete the existing images first).

upload_2021-9-1_13-1-15.png

7. muha

muha Active Member

Easier way is to open Media Center, in settings turn Show hidden files ON. Navigate to root of your storage or HDD where you have videos and open .HomeTheatre folder, and there you have Backdrops folder where all fanart is. Copy files to...

8. Markswift2003

Depends how you have the poster folder set and whether or not you've opened the files in HT or not - the artwork only gets stored in .hometheatre as a cache once it's been accessed (either as backdrop to HT or in a details page) so that method kind of depends how many backdrops are stored there... Also the filenames are all related to the database so make no sense..

This is my .hometheatre Backdrops folder after running a new full scan of over 400 movies and a little bit of opening stuff.. It will populate with time but isn't really reliable for this:

upload_2021-9-1_14-39-4.png

9. muha

muha Active Member

This is easier in the sense that you don´t have to use any other device (pc/laptop). I would only erase smaller files, again using Media Center. O don´t know what I did but my folder is already populated wit over 3000 backdrops :)

pS. off the topic - is that 3D Valerian? Do you use JVC for 3D screening?

10. Markswift2003

No it's not - I hated 3D in the 80's and I hate it now :)

When I used to take the kids to see a 3D film at the cinema I'd either put my hand over one eye or more usually try to get to sleep ;)

11. muha

muha Active Member

I am opposite, I love 3d since 80´s :) And I am planning of buying 3d 4k projector so my kids could see 3d movies as they are/were :) Unfortunately Valerian didn´t play in 3D in my country.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  12. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

Unfortunately, the screen saver still only works from the menu. If you pause the video, there is no screen saver. Does Zidoo still want to fix this?