ZIDOO firmware v2.3.45

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Merrin, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Merrin

Merrin New Member

I've tried to install the latest version. Works quite well.

The same errors that the player has had since the beginning are still ongoing, funnily enough:

- old codecs, Divx3, Divx4, sometimes won't play - it may be related to GMC or QPEL settings in those codecs, I'll try to check next time I find an unplayable video

- if you fast forward and rewind one video too many times for too long, an error may happen: the video will stop playing and the Zidoo will refuse to play any other video, until you turn off and restart the player

- sometimes the power button doesn't turn it off, just displays "Power Actions" setting, and you have to keep pressing the button

Other than those errors, the firmware works well.

2. Seamus

Seamus New Member

Is zoom function improved anyhow?

3. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

No it not. Zomming should be done by your TV anyway.

4. Paul777

Paul777 Member

Why do you want this option? I have this option on my old mediaplayer konoos Gv-3765 and I used this option 2 or 3 times for six years.

5. karipu

karipu Member

This update removed my Settings App. Frpm where I can download it or is there any other way to get it back?

6. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

You can access the settings by clicking on one of the icons lower right.
    Screenshot_20210319-072357.png
    or via quick settings
    Screenshot_20210319-072913.png

I've assigned one of the colored buttons to access the settings.
    Screenshot_20210319-072643.png

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  7. karipu

karipu Member

Found it! Thanks.

8. karipu

karipu Member

HDMI CEC Functions

One Touch Play

One Touch Standby

What do these mean?

9. Seamus

Seamus New Member

I used it a lot on old player. To maximize viewing area. Projector is 16:9, most movies are 2,39:1. You can see difference quickly:
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4e/74/fa/4e74fac40f5f251fb00a4675c6680881.jpg

On this player zoom functionality is utter rubbish and of course it is hard to understand why to use it at all.

10. columbia

columbia New Member

Can someone post the download link please...

11. rondi7

rondi7 New Member

aavseev548 likes this.
  12. furzgesicht

furzgesicht Member

I found another bug on the latest firmware, no clue, whether it appeared before.
    If I play an x265-encoded 4k movie (mkv-container) and press pause (the play-button) and then press play again to continue the movie --> sound is missing. This only happens with 2160p (x265-encoded?) movies.
    Can any1 please verify this bug?

13. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

suggest you post a mediainfo file report to assist in tracking down any common features causing the problem. I haven’t received my Zidoo yet but this use to happen on my cloud media a-500.

14. camerinik

camerinik New Member

Hi, are there some news for Netflix app?