zidoo devices for 2022 and above

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by gladiator, Jul 22, 2022.

1. gladiator

gladiator Member

hi guys , like me i suppose you guys love to upgrades from time to time

over the years i was using more than one streamer until i notice the zidoo z9x |( i have also oppo-203 )

so far the device is more than enough for me ( the homthater wall and all kind of stuff like quality picture and more ) ...

*** but my questions is why there is no upcoming more new devices with new chips and all ...?
    zidoo deicide to come with the neo zidoo .. and i think its good locking device ...

*** but why the price its so high ?

i think 90% of the costumers cant afford to buy this neo device ....

this is just something that i think of it some time ,, and want to share ..

tanks to all and hope to see new devices with affordable price to all of us

have a great day to all

tanks

2. Craig

Craig Member

Yes, £2500 for the NEO Alpha is absurd

3. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

We can only speculate. I got my Z10 Pro last October and new firmware was released like almost every 2 weeks. Lately, a new firmware is released like once every 2 months. This leads me to believe that the engineers must now be working on new hardwares.

4. cicala

cicala New Member

You're only gonna be paying for bonuses with the Neo Alpha seeing as the SoC is still the Realtek RTD1619DR

As for new hardware it's basically trivial as the current SoC range supports everything and maintains a decent level for media libaries and consumption -- we don't want these devices to start focusing on games or anything since that defeats the point of these things.

5. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

The only missing feature is dual decoders for DV FEL.

6. FrostByte

FrostByte New Member

I could almost stomach the price of the Neo Alpha if it had dual HEVC decoders

AngryVirginian and thenextvision like this.
  7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Have several Zidoo and an OPPO-203 player which hardly is used anymore. Frankly I don't see the difference with HDR neither with DV.
    Use it still occasionally for DVD-Audio and a BD with an essential BD Menu not functional with Zidoo.

FrostByte likes this.
  8. FrostByte

FrostByte New Member

Thanks

9. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Yep I would pay the price if it did.

FrostByte likes this.