ZIDOO 1619B 2022 & UP COMING SPECULATION’S

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Mar 16, 2022.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

2. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Good but same chipset, then what?

3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

4. Sekology

Sekology Member

Guys, as the new model releases were rumored to be in June 2022, do you think it would be a good buy for Z9X now? I don't want to buy it if the new ones would be released two weeks later :).

5. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Yes you can :)

Sekology likes this.
  6. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

There are rumours for Zidoo Neo Alpha (to be released in Jul 2022) which is the flagship of the company but not for small brother like Z9X.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
    Sekology likes this.
  7. Sekology

Sekology Member

Thanks for the replies guys, I just bought Z10 Pro :):)

8. DELUCAS

9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

That was quick Roon certification.
    Neo players got also a Roon Tested label I see.

10. DELUCAS

11. myzidoo

myzidoo Active Member Beta test group

From the article : (...)I do not have the means to test the split HDMI output but, given that the Neo Alpha does all the other things that Zidoo says it does, I am inclined to believe that it works in the fashion described(...)

I can confirm that the split HDMI output works perfectly. 5.1 dsf files are played out without any problem. The alpha will be perfect when Roon RAAT implementation (or other streaming service) is complete for the neo-alpha.

The second DSD multichannel enabled HDMI output is actually the "neo-alpha streamer part" door to your AV receiver. Right now when you have a DSD capable AV- receiver you'll need of course a new separate HDMI input for the second Zidoo's DSD Audio HDMI output. So if you are listening to music "with screen" you end up switchin AV inputs as the regular one will show zidoo's music player and once your track is playing you need to switch to the second HDMI AV input and you get the multichannel and native DSD goodie.

As I use mainly Roon as "streaming ecosystem" for my that the last thing missing :
    Roon's RAAT for the time being does not identify zidoo as DSD capable streamer so you are limited with 192 PCM.

Some first findings :

secondary HDMI Audio Output

a. played directly from zidoo music player - audio file on NAS

PCM 44.1 - 192 2CH (various) : OK
    PCM 44.1 - 192 5.1CH (flac) : OK
    DSD 64, 128 2CH (dsf) : OK
    DSD 64 5.1CH (dsf) : OK

b. played with ROON - zidoo = roon ready endpoint

PCM 44.1 - 192 2CH (various) : OK
    PCM 44.1 - 192 5.1CH (flac) : Partial - downmixes to 2CH irrespective of roon zidoo endpoint audio settings
    DSD 64, 128 2CH (dsf) : Partial - outputs PCM
    DSD 64 5.1CH (dsf) : Partial - downmixes to 2CH irrespective of roon zidoo endpoint audio settings+outputs PCM

Hopefully the roon implementation can be quickly updated to the specifications of the alpha which for me already now pretty much fullfills all my requirements.

12. DELUCAS

& a new firmware release out now !

13. myzidoo

myzidoo Active Member Beta test group

yes
    MQA was added to roon implementation but still no DSD capability.

holding on and still impressed by the alpha. the implementation of the 9038pro is very well done. overall whilst similar i prefer the alpha to the neo-x

14. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

I look forward to a Neo Alpha in SILVER, the same style as the Neo S.