ZDMC release 20.1 (x8/x9s/x10)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by bob, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Binnetie

Binnetie New Member

See a few post above. Some skins you have to download manually and install with a USB stick.

2. totizidoo

totizidoo Member

nothing changes!!!!

3. polakis

polakis Member

Whats the difference between zdmc and normal kodi from play store? Only hd audio passthrough?

videobruce likes this.
  4. tosh123

tosh123 Member

If you use the internal KODI videoplayer than - yes.
    But ZDMC have also a wrapper for the Zidoo video player wich is needed for 3D.

5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

passtrough
    use external player option ( that seems to crash in latest firmwares )
    refresh rate switch

X8fan likes this.
  6. Volker

Volker New Member

Hi,

I have a X9S with firmware 1.4.12 and ZDMC 17.4.

The external player option is turned on.

When I play a BDMV folder everything is ok and the external player is used by default.
    But when I play a DVD folder ZDMC uses always the imternal Kodi player.
    I only can go inside of the folder an choose at the IFO-file play with the Zidoo player.

I have already tried older versions of ZDMC, so it seems to be the actual firmare 1.4.12 which sets the kodi player as default for DVD folders.

Can somebody confirm this?

7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

8. Volker

Volker New Member

I know, how to setup everything with Kodi, does it work with ZDMC too?

9. Gianmaria

Gianmaria Member

hi guys, just bought Zidoo X8. I d like to know which app is better to play bluray 1080p and bluray UHD between Home Theater and ZDMC. So far, i'm using it only with material in 1080p but next week will arrive the LG 65B7 I ordered. For bluray 1080p i m using the Home Theater app but i d like to know your opinion. Thank you very much.

10. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

anything that is not 1080p mkv, use media center ( home theater )

Gianmaria likes this.
  11. Gianmaria

Gianmaria Member

T'hank you very much

12. gaki

gaki Member

I thought so but recently i experienced stutter issues on UHD videos with media center but not with Kodi/ZDMC player.
    Note : i'm still on ZDMC 16.1 and 1.4.12.

13. rami

rami New Member

14. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

17.6 six is out. Last of 17.x. But yet, silence about 17.4->newer update.

Dear Zidoo developers, if you visit ANY serious forum for a/v enthusiasts, the topics about x9s have an enormous number of posts with questions about Kodi. Kodi is a selling point for ANY android box out there. If you can't keep up with updating ZDMC to latest versions, upgrade the 1295 boxes to Android Nougat so we can freely use official kodi with HD audio passthrough and stop bothering with your fork. Otherwise update ZDMC as soon as a new version is released. Soon version 18 will be out so any serious manufacturer with its own fork would have started the procedures of porting to new version. However, with so many boxes in your product line, I have my doubts about you doing anything so far.

15. Arthur

Arthur New Member

Hi All!
    Zidoo x9s, fw 1.4.16, ZDMC 17.4
    There is no possibility for addons to write on external SATA disk.
    Where can I download previous versions of 17.* ZDMC?
    And could You fix it in next release of ZDMC?

16. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i was actually surprised it could write, because the can't write was always the case for me

17. Headhunter

Headhunter New Member

With the Zidoo X10 you could create a Samba Network share for your internal hard disk using the OpenWrt OS that is installed on the box. I think there is already a network share defined from the start. I don't know if the X9s has this, too

Kodi can then read from and write to this samba network share.

18. Arthur

Arthur New Member

Thank You, i know about this workaround.
    Вut there is a two problems - low speed and high CPU usage, especially when addon downloading multi-file torrent content.
    Guys, where I can download an earlier versions of ZDMC? 17.*

19. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

on your own risk:
    1. Root.
    2. Install Xposed installer.
    3. Run Xposed installer and install Framework, reboot system.
    4. Install XInternalSD.
    5. Run Xposed installer and activate XInternalSD module, reboot system.

should get write permission on hdd for any app

20. tosh123

tosh123 Member

We need the fork for playing 3D wich will never realised in official KODI, even if it would played with the Zidoo player instead the internal player. ZDMC is better integrated as a KODI with a wrapper solution.
    If you only need a box for playing 2D and full sound there are a lot of other solution in the marked like the Odroid C2 (with Android or Librelec) or the nVidia shield.