ZDMC 20

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by hdmkv, Jan 21, 2023.

1. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

Hoping Zidoo team continues to support its Kodi fork w/ZDMC 20.

2. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

After years of using Kodi, Kodi Nexus speed is just WOW. I have ZDMC and Kodi 20 installed in my Z9X with the same setup and you can tell THAT'S AN UPGRADE... Two thumbs up for the Kodi team.

SADLY, ZDMC IS NOT A PRIORITY OF ZIDOO.

3DBuff likes this.
  3. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

I would love to see ZDMC 20!

4. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

LOUDER! Christmas and it's still first month of the year... It's not too late for xmas present...

Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
    darky_zidoo and Franconian like this.
  5. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

If one can install the blazing fast Kodi 20 on their Z9X, whats the need for ZDMC? They are identical all other manners as far as I know.

6. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

they probably want to use the Zidoo player which normal Kodi can't access.

7. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Gotcha, so Kodi doesn't use HT4.0 to play content but ZDMC does/can? Wonder how big the PQ difference is between the two?
    I personally thought no matter what video player you put on Zidoo, it'll use the zidoo engine to play things.

8. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

nope, in my case I use the modded Jellyfin app that uses Zidoo player, tried ZDMC but found it slow and Jellyfin does exactly what I want.

9. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Right, so even Jellyfin uses zidoo player but Kodi does not? and Users can't set it to use zidoo player either? That's odd.

10. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

B0RN likes this.
  11. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

12. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

You will find vanilla Kodi also does not passthrough bitstream audio (since Kodi 17 broke it for a lot of hardware).
    HiMedia used a "playercorefactory" file in Kodi it called a "wrapper" to auto-switch to using it's hardware player for video and audio passthrough (on Q10/Q5 Pro models).
    The operation of ZDMC is more seamless than HiMedia's method. I am still using it daily (nightly) on my Z1000 Pro :)