Z9X vs Android

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by bill22, Sep 13, 2020.

1. bill22

bill22 New Member

Good morning all,

I would like to know if the image quality on the Zidoo Z9X is better than on the nvidia shield 2019?

And also knowing that the Zidoo is not optimized for streaming, could I still take advantage of its internal player and its VS10 graphics engine if I use netflix and other app Android ?

Thanks for your feedback

2. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

I don’t rate the picture on the shield, never have done, the 2019 pro is better at upscaling but I’m still not sold.
    There is something not right in my opinion with the output on the Z9X with HDR and DV with color range set to limited,at first I thought it was color push but now I think it’s crush... Auti isn’t working as it should either.
    P.s. I have a LG c9 these problems could be limited to thus range, the Z9X is currently not playing nice with LG oleds.

3. bill22

bill22 New Member

Thanks for your return,

I have a sony TV with good upscaling. If I don't need the upscaling, would you advise me to take a Zidoo Z9X ?

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Reading my review you can see which streaming services are proven to work with which quality. No idea how that compares but is a lot more than with previous generations. So the gap for streaming services for sure is a lot smaller.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  5. bill22

bill22 New Member

Ok thanks, I'll have a look.

And for dematerialized films in terms of image quality, what do you think? compared to other android boxes (shield 2019, xiaomi, etc.)

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I am easy in that. It is very subjective if you don't use testfiles and test equipment which I don't. I can just say I like the picture of the new models. and I don't own any of the boxes you mention.
    Try to judge yourself if possible. ;)

7. bill22

bill22 New Member

OK, thank you so much