Z9X picture quality

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by Woody1970, Jan 16, 2023.

1. Woody1970

Woody1970 New Member

Hi there, im looking possibly to buy the Z9X. Are you able to give advice on the picture quality please, I've heard that the picture can look slightly washed out??. An honest appinion would be great, I currently have Zappiti 4k mini, the picture is great however the UI is very average. Have also tried NVIDIA Sheild Pro, picture quality was very poor. Please note I won't be streaming but playing MKV files via HDD. Also are there 2 versions of the Z9X looking on Amazon's UK website, they have one at £206 and another Z9X at £328.

2. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

You also can get one from Futeko for cheaper (£199.99):

https://www.futeko.com/products/MP107.php

For me, the PQ is good. No magic pixel here but a picture that looks close to what I can see on my panasonic UHD player. The best for you could be to test it, and to send it back if you are not satisfied.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
  3. Woody1970

Woody1970 New Member

Thank you very much. So just to clarify your picture image isn't pale, it's bright with good colouring.

4. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Picture quality should be almost identical between any good player. The differences could only be compared side by side not player 1 switch input and player 2. It should give you calibrated source output. If someone is getting pale or washed out image it’s most likely from different settings assigned to port 1 compared to port 2 on the TV and not related to player output.

Woody1970 likes this.
  5. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

No such issue, as long as you use the good settings. In my point of view, the image is really pleasant.