Z9X: no boot and reset fails (Solved)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by sgr, May 28, 2022.

1. sgr

sgr New Member

Hi there,

Suddenly the Z9X does not boot anymore. When I want to start up the Z9X, the device display stays blank, the USB-HDD's start up and the tv shows a black screen (no Zidoo logo).
    I switch off the device, I press a paperclip on the reset button until I hear the button clicking, switch on the device and hold the reset button for at least 30 seconds. Result; the Zidoo logo shows on the tv and on the device display I see 'Hello'.
    Nothing else happens.

Can someone tell me how to factory reset the device?
    ThnX in advance!

2. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

3. sgr

sgr New Member

@ Nice Monkey,

ThnX for your mcbluna.net link.
    It wasn’t a succes to install the beta firmware. I’ve downloaded the latest version (the hash was oké) and copied the zip onto a fat32 formatted thumb drive. The system did not respond to the thumb drive when started. When I started the system with the reset button pressed, I saw the Zidoo logo on tv and the led indicator of the thumb drive was blinking in a repetitive manner. Nothing more.

Then I unplugged the thumb drive and pulled out the power adapter connector and waited for a couple of minutes. Then I pressed the reset button for a while and switched the on/off switch a couple of times.
    Then I placed back the power connector and I saw the red standby led lit up in the Z9X display. (I didn’t see this led the passed days.) The Z9X responded to the rc and booted fine.

4. sgr

sgr New Member

5. sgr

sgr New Member

rozel and pcristi like this.
  6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

May I suggest to add (solved) to the titles which got fixed.