z9x newbie question

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Mickey62, Jul 27, 2022.

1. Mickey62

Mickey62 New Member

Hi Guys, recently purchased a z9x and loving it:) . but i have a slight problem , which i have tried searching on the forums for but to no avail, so my question is this . I only have a non 4k av receiver so i thought i could send the z9x video straight to my tv (which it is now) and then use the second hdmi to route the audio to the amp, but have only just noticed that the second hdmi on the z9x is an hdmi in which would mean i could not get the dts- master or true-hd audio format in either 5.1 or 7.1 guises from said hdmi. which if i am correct in my assumption could on be done through the optical connection being downsampled to standard dts/dd etc.
    so am I correct in my take on this, is a new 4k amp the only way to do it or am i missing something. Cheers Guys. Mike

2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

There are some HDMI Splitters out there but you have to be very careful what you go for and exactly what outputs from each of the "forks". I went for the Vertex2 though with absolutely great support from @Markswift2003 - it provides so much more, particularly on the video side

Mickey62 likes this.
  3. TehHT

TehHT New Member

Get a cheap 18Gbit eARC extractor supporting HDCP 2.2/2.3 and HDMI 2.0b at least.
    1. If your TV has eARC port , use that and connect your TV eARC port to extractor's eARC port and extractor's Audio out port to your regular AV HDMI port, z9x connects directly to TV HDMI in
    2. If your TV do not have eARC , connect Z9X to the extractor Input and AV HDMI to the extractor's audio output port, extractor's other output port connects to TV HDMI
    Make sure extractor supports upto ATMOS-HD and DTS-HD and also DV and HDR/HDR+ passthrough.

3DBuff and Mickey62 like this.
  4. Mickey62

Mickey62 New Member

thanks guys for the replies, unfortunatly the vertex2 is out of my range , would this suffice if it works?. Mike test.JPG

5. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

An AVRKey will certainly solve your issue, but these are no longer being made (but can be found for sale still).
    It works fine with my Z1000 Pro and an older Yamaha AVR, passing through lossless audio and 4K DV/HDR video to the TV.

There are said to be other HDMI splitters around, but you would need to check carefully it will work for your requirements.

Mickey62 likes this.
  6. TehHT

TehHT New Member

Yes, this will work. I got the similar spec one and it worked for me through the eARC connection method.

7. TehHT

TehHT New Member

upload_2022-7-30_10-54-56.png

Mickey62 likes this.
  8. Mickey62

Mickey62 New Member

Thanks TehHT very helpful to me.

9. Mickey62

Mickey62 New Member

hi, finally got around to purchasing one of these adaptors , Have i bought the right thing . Thanks Mike
    pic 1.JPG