Z9x - Lan speed only 100 Mbit/s - problem solved

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by bones7, Dec 21, 2020.

1. bones7

bones7 New Member

Hi everyone !

I have a problem with the lan port of my Zidoo Z9x. It seems that the lan port doesnt work with GB-lan speed.
    I has checked my fritzbox 7590 , while my Zidoo streaming a 71 GB UHD bluray from my Windows PC (Samba) , and i see only a 100 Mbit/s connection.

Stream is not stable , sometimes i get some laggs (stuttering). The videofile is working fine on a HDD directly connected to the Sata port of my Z9x ....

My Zidoo is directly connected on my Fritzbox . The cable works , i has done a test with an other device on the same cable --> Fritzbox says : its GB connection. So i have no hardware issues in my network, i think.

The leds of the lan port are blinking green ( its 100 Mbit/s , orange is 1000 Mbit/s on Zidoo devices).
    My PC is shown as GB lan device in my fritzbox too. So i think there is something wrong with the Lan port on my Zidoo...

My Zidoo is still running on first firmware ( V 6.0.27 ). Maybe thats the reason , and i have to update . But there are only beta-firmwares available yet, so my plan was to wait for a stable FW-release ...

Alex Nekrasoff likes this.
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Choice 100/1000 is done by the HW not FW. Cable may be unsuitable for gigabit? Bad connector?

3. bones7

bones7 New Member

As i already has said: cable is working.
    I did a test with another device on the same cable. So its no cable or connector issue.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Definitely - UTP cable uses balanced pairs of pairs for gigabit so if one of those pairs is disconnected it falls back to Fast Ethernet, ie 100M

5. Oldirtydog

Oldirtydog Member

and 100 megabita lan is not enought for 1 movies 80 gb ?

xskip likes this.
  6. bones7

bones7 New Member

Problem solved.
    Cable is good. But lan port 4 on my Fritzbox gives only a 100M connection.
    So i have changed to port 2 and everything is fine. Streamtest from PC to Zidoo works now without stuttering.

Thx Mark & Nice Monkey !

Markswift2003 likes this.
  7. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

@bones7 you can change this in the settings of your Fritzbox
    upload_2020-12-21_21-4-53.png

bones7 likes this.
  8. bones7

bones7 New Member

@McBluna :
    I know, i did check this first. But i can't get full Lan speed on this port.
    Maybe the connector of the router is a little bit dusty, because this one is never used before. I will check this in the next time.
    Thx !

9. JohnG

JohnG Member

Do you have WiFi enabled plus a hardwire Ethernet connection? I found that enabling both causes the LAN speed to drop.