Z9X, just arrived... HELP !

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Jasper John, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Jasper John

Jasper John New Member

Hi Folks,

Just received my Z9X.. so far 50/50 on it.

1st Up, a lot of my files just wont play.. "Can't Play Video" is the message.. this goes for about 30% of my collection. This is Extremely disappointing ... they all worked on my PCH-300 and 200.
    Is there anything I can do to fix this, or is the in built player a fixed thing with no settings ?

2ndly, I thought I would ZMBC a run... it installs and runs, but I cannot load a library, and seems to be totally different to all the Vids I have watched on it. Can someone tell me where there is a good tutorial on how to setup ZMBC, and how to use different players..

Right now feeling a bit stiffed ... after all the research I did, I thought HT4 would do the trick for me, and I cannot wrap my head around ZMBC.

PLease Help ??

Cheers,

Jasper

2. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

3. Jasper John

Jasper John New Member

Thanks for your help... this is just one of many TV Shows and movies that fail ...

General
    Complete name : I:\TV Shows 1\3rd Rock From The Sun[DVD]\Season 2\3rd Rock From The Sun S02E02 See Dick Continue to Run, Continued.avi
    Format : AVI
    Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
    File size : 174 MiB
    Duration : 21 min 19 s
    Overall bit rate : 1 144 kb/s

Video
    ID : 0
    Format : MPEG-4 Visual
    Format settings, BVOP : No
    Format settings, QPel : No
    Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
    Format settings, Matrix : Default (H.263)
    Codec ID : DX50
    Codec ID/Hint : DivX 5
    Bit rate : 1 006 kb/s
    Nominal bit rate : 8 000 kb/s
    Width : 704 pixels
    Height : 528 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 4:3
    Frame rate : 25.000 FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.108
    Stream size : 153 MiB (88%)
    Title : Video
    Writing library : DivX 5.2.1 Alpha (UTC 2004-09-08)

Audio
    ID : 1
    Format : MPEG Audio
    Format version : Version 1
    Format profile : Layer 3
    Codec ID : 55
    Codec ID/Hint : MP3
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 128 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 44.1 kHz
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 19.5 MiB (11%)
    Alignment : Split across interleaves
    Interleave, duration : 40 ms (1.00 video frame)
    Interleave, preload duration : 500 ms
    Title : Audio
    Writing library : LAME3.92

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

What's ZMBC?

5. Jasper John

Jasper John New Member

Sorry, was meant to be ZDMC..

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Ah ok - you shouldn't have any problems with that - it's basically a Kodi wrapper to allow using the Zidoo hardware player. Works like any other version of Kodi and the latest version is here:

http://apidl.zidoo.tv/app/zdmc-19.1_rtk.apk

Linked from this page:

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/release_apk.html

It's not officially supported any more but is a bit of a pet project so gets updates every now and again - it was deprecated in favour of HT a few years ago. Still a lot of people using it though, so any problems I'd ask here:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/19-4-matrix-kodi-zdmc.85718/page-11

But as @Sledgehamma says, personally I'd stick to HT4 - much less of a rats nest than Kodi and constantly developed.

And as for DivX - Progress and licencing I'm afraid - DivX is rarely supported and never used these days.

It's not supported by the SOC so the only option is to transcode to a modern codec. Staxrip or Handbrake are the best options and have good scripting routines to batch jobs.

7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

DIVX licensed => XVID free (also for RTD1296)
    Some may have the wish to play old DIVX (AVI) videos. These are not supported due the licenses involved with those. You can bypass this limitation using this simple program:
    https://www.tweaking4all.com/home-theatre/fourcc-changer/
    Set it to change the DIVX header into a XVID header and all done. Available for MAC, Windows and Linux OS versions. Bulk conversions are supported.

This is valid also for previous generations Zidoo players as none support DIVX.
    But it does not make all AVI's play so there must be something more not being supported.

8. Jasper John

Jasper John New Member

Thanks Guys.. just gave the Fourcc-changer a hurl.. sadly it did not work.. although it did update the files to XVID Headers... that would have been a great fix.. although doing some more testing it also fails H263 XVID in a AVI container, as well as many other AVI's of various Codecs... which is seriously disappointing.

Have so much old TV stuff in AVI... not sure it is worth converting, but will struggle on.

Sort of got to browse with ZDMC, and all the files work with that player, although cannot work out libraries and Poster ART etc with it... it is just so confusing.

Will give a few more things a go, but still not as happy with it as I had hoped... had saved for a while for it, so feeling a bit down about it !!
    The PCH's I have had for 10+ years or more, are still a more positive glow for me ATM :)

Cheers,

9. Jasper John

Jasper John New Member

MArkswift2003..

I have installed ZDMC, but cannot for the life of me work it out... have about 200 questions just to get started...LOL...
    Not sure if mine is using the Zidoo player as the videos all work in ZDMC.. !! Again not sure I am using it properly..
    I could live with it, if I could get it working 99%...

Will keep reading and exploring..

Cheers,