Z9X How to unbrick (UP.. logo stuck)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Yurii, May 29, 2023.

1. Yurii

Yurii New Member

Hey everyone,

I looked it up 15 pages and not found the answer. Please help me unbrick my Ziddo Z9X.
    Here's what happened: after I tried to upgrade my TV-BOX to the last version (v6.4.62) it doesn't turn on. When I tried to restore it via install.img (v.6.00.22) on the USB-stick I got "UP.." logo stuck.

Please help me to restore my TV-BOX.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

3. Yurii

Yurii New Member

Markswift2003, Thank you for your prompt replay! I did all that you wrote, but I had the same result: Zidoo logo on the TV (no move) and "UP _ _" on the Box's display.
    FYI, I used the same USB-stick that I used before for successfully downgrade to v.6.00.22 early.

4. Markswift2003

Did you see something like this on the TV or did you see the normal "Zidoo" boot logo?

[​IMG]

5. Yurii

Yurii New Member

Unfortunately, I see just the normal "Zidoo" boot logo.

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

It might need a forced flash with a JTAG cable. Futeko can do that for you. Obviously not for free.

7. Markswift2003

If you get the Zidoo logo then the flash process is not starting.

That would usually mean that the flash file is not called install.img or the reset button is not being pressed.

8. Markswift2003

Do you mean UART? I don't think these boards have a JTAG connector. Interesting if they do though...

9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

If one sees UP and not BOOT on the Front then the FW has seen the PIN being pressed.
    Still the image or stick access may be the problem.

YES they have a JTAG connector. It is used in the factory to load the original factory image.

10. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

My Z9X bricked by the try to update Magisk to latest version. I guess the bootloader got corrupted.
    I've tried the guide from jjm2473, with no luck. Maybe anyone can discover the reason in the log files.

Screenshot 2023-05-29 145217.png
    20230529_145340.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 29, 2023
  11. Markswift2003

12. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

I recently flashed my Z9X and kept getting the "file is corrupt, do you want to continue or Reset" error. And also kept getting the dead android robot pic and scared me half to death. When I selected to Reset, it would reset and kept restarting with same corrupt file screen. Maybe the link listed on the instructions have a coruppt file? Just a thought.

I eventually, turned the player off and did a hard reboot. After that, zidoo was back to business as usual thankfully.

13. Yurii

Yurii New Member

I'm back ;)

Here is my update:
    • I got a UART
    • Restored FWTABLE Signature (followed by this article jjm2473) - no luck
    • Unbricked with UART + U Disk - no luck
    Also, I got this in the terminal log output: FW Image sha FAILED. Is it mean that I have a two corrupted FW files (Z9X_P_v6.0.22_202008111916_usb-install.img or/and
    Z9X_P_v6.3.92_202203292025_usb-install.img)?

What else can I do via UART? Can somebody to review the terminal's logs, please?

14. Markswift2003

I'm impressed!

Have you tried using TFTP? I seem to remember having to use TFTP with mine.

15. Yurii

Yurii New Member

My progress: I did "Unbrick with UART + TFTP + U Disk":
    • successfully flashed z9x_flash_rescue.bin via TFTP
    • after "boot r" command I got no "FW Image sha FAILED" error. :)
    • BUT anyway the process is stuck - please see the attached screenshot
    Do you have any idea what I can do about it?

Attached Files:

16. Markswift2003

If you use "boot r" what do you see on the TV screen?

Also, if you try "boot ru" with the memory stick in what does that do?

17. Yurii

Yurii New Member

When I use "boot r" I see nothing - a black screen.
    Please see in attach what I have with "boot ru" command
    Do I need to copy same additions files to USB flash drive?

Attached Files:

18. Markswift2003

Hmm - I'm really not sure if this will work, but try the attached.

Attached Files:

19. Yurii

Yurii New Member

I have a progress with your files! Please see the attached screenshot.

Attached Files:

20. Markswift2003

Did you include install.img on the USB disc?