z9x cec volume control of the receiver.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by ulna68, Jan 3, 2021.

1. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

I'm looking for an option to set the volume control of the connected receiver via the zidoo remote,
    I also have nvidia shield and there is an option to control the volume of the receiver via the cec

2. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Got it.

3. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

It also would be very great on the Zidoo z9x

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Like the TV power On/Off should also control the AMP in-between.
    Power On of Zidoo should automatically switch the designated HDMI port on the AMP to the one Zidoo is connected to.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  5. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Trouble is with CEC is it works it dont it works it dont .......
    Then add every firmware update to it and the same thing occurs
    Groundhog day yet again .
    One of the reasons ive never bothered with using cec .

Just my two cents worth .

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

It works for very simple setups. Just a TV with Zidoo and nothing else.

7. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

It may do
    But many have a receiver and thats when the headache starts like the op has
    Look at this forum with all the cec issues .....

it will just add another headache for some .

8. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Yes I found out to my cost invoking AnyNet+ CEC on my TV and invoking HDMI Control on my Receiver, it screwed up my setup big style. I have turned it off on all my devices including my Vertex2

9. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Most devices can control both TV and the receiver with CEC, makes more sense.

I’m using a Harmony remote for now but seeing @mirror ’s acknowledgement about this is vey much good news.

dwalme likes this.
  10. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@ammar11 - that's interesting as I use a Harmony Elite Hub with the Remote. By and large I and the better half have no issues but have found it all works more smooth without CEC. I only tinkered with CEC as my TV needs AnyNet + CEC invoking for ARC and I wanted to see how my TV's apps sounded. Not sure why but I ended up having to reset completely my Receiver, my TV and my Vertex2.

11. ammar11

Yep Harmony works flawlessly, I’m using it now.

I don’t use CEC for now, but that might change if Zidoo can get it working.

12. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@ammar11 - may I ask what advantage you would have, if you could get it working?

13. ammar11

Simply that I can take the Harmony back to my living room setup, don’t want to buy another one.

My home theater room has been using CEC for quite a while until I add Zidoo, so I can live with it.

14. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

A good CEC support would enable simultaneous power on/off for all devices connected Zidoo->AMP->TV with only on push on one button with one remote which is really user friendly.
    And for volume control it would enable volume control with the big volume button on the same remote. Android support CEC since a long time I think.

For the volume control I have configure the volume button in the "learning section" of the remote but I find them a bit little, specially in the dark. In more, I would like to buy the Zidoo V9 remote (with a keyboard on the back and air mouse) but I can't for the moment cause it has no learning section.

15. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

I have quite extensive hardware configurations:
    tcl 65x10
    marantz sr6010
    zidoo z9x
    nvidia shield 2019
    sony ubp x700
    vu zero
    with cec I use only volume change, on all others it works only not on z9x
    the fact sometimes causes a lot of confusion when switching sources

16. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

Maybe having a setup by default for 99% users but providing an expert settings to change the CEC code send on different action (volume up/down, on, off) would be great for letting users with specific setup configure as they want/need. ;)

17. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Ahh right - some of you guys have dedicated Home Cinema rooms, nice! And in that respect I understand. My Home Cinema setup is in our main lounge - used to have a Projector (1080! max) and an Owl screen and the screen came down when the PJ went on and lounge was transformed. But the quest to have best PQ has meant discarding the PJ and screen to the garage and have invested over the past 7 years or so with a series of ever increasing sized TVs. Tried to blend in my 7.1 system so it doesn't look like a Tandy's shop (now who remembers Tandy's? - maybe Radio Shack in the States). Wife's happy and I have always tried to automate stuff, mainly for her. So our lounge is a balance between a cosy living room and a Tandy's (I mean Home Cinema) room.

Wife loves the Harmony - she uses the app on her phone and all is fine, until it doesn't work! I need to tweak the "Activities" a bit, cos Sky Q box isn't playing ball properly with Receiver, when it has allegedly been shut down in "Stanby Through" mode. Unless we want full surround we rely on a Sony Sound Bar with it's dedicated Sub (not included in my signature) so "Watch TV" turns on TV, Sky Q and Sound Bar. "Watch TV Receiver" turns on TV, Sky Q and Receiver. Other Activities include "Watch Film - Zidoo", which actually works very nicely. Except all's a bit iffy right now and her indoors isn't happy. Got to do some messing shortly :). But when things are working, The Harmony Remote adjusts the volume on the Sound Bar and when used, the Receiver. I tend to use my Tablet though to adjust the Volume on the Receiver, along with other settings, whilst comfortable in my Listening/Watching Chair and as @Markswift2003 says, along with a nice glass (of Irish in my case) and with my slippers on!

18. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Haha! I remember Tandy very well! And Bushmills by any chance?

19. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Haha! Yes! Bushmills up near the Giant's Causeway - we spread my late father's ashes from a boat on the bay in Port Ballantray, back in 1995 and followed that up, out of respect for him with a visit to the Distillery. Have been drinking Bushmills now ever since