Z9X and TrueNAS with SMB

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by GreekCanuck, Jan 12, 2021.

1. GreekCanuck

GreekCanuck New Member

Hey all,
    Zidoo user since 2017 but first time post.
    I have a Zidoo X9S and also just purchased a Zidoo Z9X. I have been using the Zidoo to stream my content from a TrueNAS 12.0 (aka FreeNAS) server with no problems with the X9S. However, with the new Zidoo I cannot connect with SMB at all. The browsing does not find the server nor can I add a direct connection. I contacted support and they said I needed to connect as an authenticated user with permissions, so I did that and still can't connect. The X9S has no problems connecting but no luck with the Z9X. If I connect through Kodi it works fine, just not with Media Center and HT 4.0. I also tried enabling and disabling SMB1 on the TrueNAS server but no luck.
    I have no problems connecting to the server with any other device including the X9S, just not with the Z9X.
    NFS works fine, but in my tests SMB is significantly faster on read speeds.
    Anyone else using TrueNAS with Z9X and had success with SMB?
    Thanks!

2. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

I’m using with unraid and I had to toggle my smb share and security settings off (save) then back on again (save) on the server.
    Also try connecting from the Zidoo file browser (media center) to mnt the connection first, there is a setting in there to change smb scanning method.
    Hope this helps.

3. GreekCanuck

GreekCanuck New Member

Thanks for the reply, I have probably tried stopping and starting the SMB service and played with almost every setting in it over 100 times as I was trying to get it to work...nothing seemed to help.
    As for the scanning method I see there is a quick and a full scan, I tried all those also, as well as the option to Add a direct connection, just gets the Unable to connect error every time no matter what I try with various accounts having full control, read only, anonymous login, guest account, nothing seems to work.

And Media center is where I'm trying to get it to work...through Kodi it works fine, but I don't really use Kodi.