Z9S playing 3d movies through Denon AVR X3500H issue

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by raptor1015, Nov 30, 2020.

1. raptor1015

raptor1015 New Member

Hello, I wonder if anybody can help me solve this problem I have.
    Z9s
    Denon AVR X3500H
    Samsung UDXHU65 8550 4k 3D smart tv about 3 yrs old
    first the basics: the Z9S plays 3D blurays files just fine, both ISO's or the original BD structure folder
    when the hdmi cable is connected directly to tv.

the Denon mentioned does support 3D video. when I hook up a LG 3d bluray player an play a 3d disc through the Denon HDMI all the way - no problem the video is fine.
    my cables are new & 4k supported so 3D is no problem there.

when the Zidoo Z9s is hooked up to the Denon (HDMI) any dvd, bluray files, mp4, mkv, avi, TS etc play just fine. no problems. all files are on external WD & Samsung HD's

here is the problem when I try to play a 3D iso or 3D bd folders or downloaded 3D HDSBS .mp4 files I get no video, the audio is fine , the denon on screen msg is no video detected.

when I play the AVATAR 3D.iso movie , at the start there is the Warner Bros logo & it shows up, but as soon as the movie switches to 3D I lose the video.

so it's not the tv or the Denon AVR, its the Zidoo because I tried my older media players both HIMEDIA
    one is a real old HD900b & the other is a newer Q10. now the same files play just fine through these players into the Denon the video is there.

so its narrowed down to the Z9s. I was runnin the 2.32 ver & just updated to the 2.35 ver and still same result. I've changed different setting in the Zidoo....I still at this writing can't get the video to show up through the Denon. I was going to call Denon but its not theor issue. its something in the way the Zidoo sends the 3D signal to the Denon which it can't understand which makes no sense. could this be a HDCP issue with the Zidoo? I did go into the Z9s setting & changed the HDMI RX from 1.4 to 2.0 that did not solve the issue.

sorry for the long story but the more info I can give the better you'll understand. thx if you have any advice.

UPDATE : I just tried this outta the blue & it worked. I don't understand why only on 3d files.
    here's what I did. I unplugged the HDMI out from the Denon going to the TV. I connected a HDMI 2 way spitter (powered, I use it for recording music concerts to PC off of cable bypasses HDCP bullshit!)
    from Denon avr to splitter (HDCP removal) then on to TV. and no problems viewing the 3D movie files through
    the Denon. now why I have to do this just to watch the 3D movies I don't get. anything non 3D I don't need to use splitter. I have to use the Splitter to watch even the downloaded (side by side 3DSBS.mp4) 3D movies as well through the Denon I'm talkin bout.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020