Z9S not support NFS protocol v3?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by ikkjr, Mar 3, 2019.

1. ikkjr

ikkjr New Member

Z9S cannot find the Hanewin NFS server if I just checked the NFS Protocol v3 checkbox in Hanewin Settings,
    In order for the Z9s to work with Hanewin, the NFS Protocol v2 checkbox also needed to be checked.

Is the Z9S not NFS v3 compatible?

Thanks for any input :)

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

There doesn't seem to be any documentation detailing which version of NFS is used on the Z9S but I think you have to assume it tops out at v2.

I used to use NFS for years streaming 2K due to the lack of overhead vs SMB, but these days I don't think there's any advantage (if there ever really was!)

Since switching to 4K, I use SMB exclusively and it never misses a beat even at the highest of remux bitrates. The Z9S used SMB v2 which although not the latest, works just fine.

3. ikkjr

ikkjr New Member

Thanks for the input :)

I used to own an Zidoo X9S & if I remember correctly, the X9S works fine with NFS protocol v3. So it's a bit strange that the newer machine tops out at V2.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Ah right - might be worth emailing Zidoo support about it..