Z9s is shuttering playing some 4K series or movies

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by chiquito3, Nov 24, 2019.

1. chiquito3

chiquito3 Member

Im getting lots shuttering playing 4k videos and movies from my LenovoEMC NAS. Any ideas why?

2. chiquito3

chiquito3 Member

Is actually shuttering from 1080 videos too!

3. siyaha

siyaha New Member

my situation:
    torrent downloading + playing 4K = shuttering

4. JBA6

JBA6 Member

I'm no expert on video matters but once I upgraded to a gigabit network with Cat 6 ethernet cables between my router and NAS and Zidoo box all my 4K playing problems went away.
    --
    JB

5. futeko.com

futeko.com Active Member

If it only happens from the NAS and happens with all content including 1080p then it's a network problem. What type of network share is it? How is the Zidoo connected to the network?

The only other thing would be if you don't have auto framerate enabled (so for example you're playing 23.976fps content at 60Hz), but this would produce a stutter often imperceptible unless you're looking for it (a single repeated frame every 41 seconds for 23.976fps @ 60Hz), so I don't think it's this. To enable auto framerate go Settings - Playback - Frame rate mode.

6. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

Happens to me as well, but only when I play via SDMC
    If I use the main media player (not using SDMC) it plays fine

7. beefy76

beefy76 New Member

I'm about to sell my box for this reason. I didn't do enough homework before buying. I wanted a box that would run kodi but unfortunately this isn't it.
    Plays everything perfectly through built in players.

8. chiquito3

chiquito3 Member

Thanks all for your answers. The Zidoo is connected to a Belkin router that is connected to my ConnectBox Modem/Router with a Cat6a cable. The NAS is connected to the Connect Box using a Cat6 cable.
    Shuttering used to happen with less frequency but since a few days ago is happening more with any video.

9. chiquito3

chiquito3 Member

Shuttering from 1080 is less noticeble but with 4k videos is too much. Looses audio too. Im trying to watch Justice League 2017 in 4K but there are lots of audio interruptions. I have to stop the movie and hit play againg for the audio to come back.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  10. futeko.com

futeko.com Active Member

Use ZDMC to get Kodi interface with Zidoo hardware playback.

11. chiquito3

chiquito3 Member

I did download the same 4k movie that was shuttering a lot in a more compressed format. Smaller file but still 4K. The shuttering is still happening but with less frecuency. This does not make me happy.
    Ain't this supposed to be a 4K player?