Z9S Freeze last night. Help appreciated.

Discussion in 'other' started by Kai Winters, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Kai Winters

Kai Winters New Member

I had two freezes yesterday. The first was watching "Enemy at the Gates". It froze about a third of the way through. No controls on the remote worked. I had to shut off the Z9S and restart it. When I went back to the movie it resumed without problem.

Same problem later in the evening while watching episode 4, season 3 of the Big Bang Theory. Had to do the same as above.

Prior to this I downloaded and installed the latest update from the site. The process went smoothly and appeared to work fine.

After the freezes I followed the instruction to get to the developers section and shut off EDID based on posts I've read. But I don't understand what EDID is nor what it does...I'd be grateful for an explanation.

I use 2, 4tb/5tb WD EasyStore usb hdd's that are connected to the udb 3.0 inputs.

I've not had any freezes before so I'm a bit stumped.

Thanks for any help.

2. Kai Winters

Kai Winters New Member

I was advised to connect the hdd's to the usb 2 inputs instead of the usb 3 inputs which apparently have freeze problems according to the forum posters. I changed from usb 3 to 2 and no more freezes.

Lorris777 likes this.