Z9s Firmware 2.3.7

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by leonkoum, Dec 27, 2019.

1. dmboza

dmboza New Member

I did all three resets and had no application installed. One thing is certain instability and another is that the external disk is disconnected in all movies. That said, they don't solve the problem.

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Does Eject work as it should? That is is the simplest test if it went OK. Use it as a warning myself.
    The point is many report this problem as solved with this FW provided Gapps is working correctly.

3. dmboza

dmboza New Member

What really worries me is if the disconnections are fixed or not on my disk, and with firmware 2.1.30 it works correctly, then it is a firmware problem and the latter does not solve it. It has nothing to do with applications. Greetings.

4. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

Sorry but this is bullshit. If the Gapps in this Android system are not correctly installed it comes to further problems and this is not a firmwareproblem, but the problem of the user in front of the machine. Maybe the usb3 ports aren't really finally fixed, but in different all users who installed the Gapps correctly stated that the usb3 problem is fixed. So if it worries you or not make the installation in the correct way again and the chance is big that it will work.

5. bvhoesel

bvhoesel New Member

Lost TrueHD sound playback (on both 2.3.4 and 2.3.7) (using smb file share) (gapps installed)!

Only direct after upgrade and not restarting tv and amp I did get (once) TrueHD sound. But after that, at the moment, I have no way of getting TrueHD working again. Also Down-mix to HD to 5.1 does nothing in this situation. Only forcing 2 channel pcm seems to work.

I reverted back to 2.2.96 (via 1.7.8 usb install.img restore) and got HD sound back.

And further more on 2.3.4 and 2.3.7: For me sound settings are not saved (for both standby or real power toggle). Most (if not all) of the time after switch on, silence on sound. Need to toggle sound setting in Quick Settings to get sound working.

For clarification. I tried al lot of things over the last days. Restores to 1.7.8 and upgrading to 1.9.7, 2.1.40, 2.2.96 and 2.3.7. Various factory resets. Every time when arriving at 2.3.7 after one or two playback tries (with restarts) the TrueHD sound playback was lost. And when lost there is no getting it back even after a factory reset.

As a side note: I have noticed that other HDMI device have issues when Z9S is powered (both standby and 'on'). I could not play TrueHD via older Dune player. When switching off (disconnect power via switch on the back) the Z9S everything worked again as expected.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  6. dmboza

dmboza New Member

I didn't reinstall any application, I did all three resets and all I did was play mkv or m2ts files. Greetings.

7. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Still no fix for seamless branching or bluray menu improvements?

8. dmboza

dmboza New Member

And what is the right way? I do not think that if there is no application installed, except what came from the factory, the USB 3.0 port should give problems.

9. Nice Monkey

You may expect this and are you are right to do so, but our experience is different.

It all started when google changed its policy for Google Play Store & Services last year. This is not not just any APP anymore but became an essential part of Google Android OS (the Android Leanback variant in this case). Knowing Google they did this probably on purpose to control whatever they want to control. Be aware the FW Installer used is also an integral part of Google code not the Zidoo FW.

Zidoo seems to still have troubles with an adequate workaround for this.

@blenky No

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  10. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

When can we expect the Z10 version to be released? Usually the Z9S and Z10 firmware's are released at same time.
    Its been a week already - hurry up

11. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Some nice changes -

Still not seeing a native SCREEN SAVER being adopted in the local player - I think this is a must when you have an OLED TV

12. ElvisC

ElvisC Member

Will there be an OTA release of this?

13. Nice Monkey

I don´t see the need for a screensaver with a Video Player, but for a Music Player that is different.

The last FW Betas have a first attempt for a screen saver using Music Player 5.0 with the last Beta FW having it configurable ON/OFF. They just call it Full Screen which should be changed asap.
    Comments on that one: The background should be truly black and the text on it must be changed to be floating to make it a real Screen Saver. ON/OFF should be changed to a configurable timer and I would disable lyrics implicitly with it. An OLED TV consumes a lot less energy with a black background screen too so it will be a useful feature for that purpose also.

Won´t be using it myself as I leave the TV screen off for playing music using the APP instead for control.

Updated my #3 reply with this and other findings, just to keep it all in one place.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  14. hao1080p

hao1080p New Member

We did not really catch what the meaning of "native" Screen Saver is, but tried to explaine that Zidoo defines in 2 places:
    - Main screen: it can be defined in the QUICK SEETING\Display\Wallpaer\Customerize...
    - Home Theater 2.0: top-right icons\Setting\Wallpaer\Custom...

But for Music Player 5.0: sorry we have to wait, MP till today is still a closed curcuit, not yet giving any cusotmerized interface, and we have to wait...

15. hao1080p

hao1080p New Member

@ Nice Monkey: About MP Full Screen mode (I call it Karaoke Mode) and some promotions:
    It is indeed a new improvement just from FW2.3.7 to have the ON/OFF to allow users to choose based on his habit:)
    I saw it for the first time from Kodi 18.5 still with pics shaeded-in and out mode, and I saw this started to be one standard mode for most of those top paid on-line music sites, but I still can simply tell MP5 has more pics than others, it can be one real highlighted (and matured) feature for MP.

Indeed I could also see the lyrcis color is not always that much distinguised from the bacdrops especially when backdrop is white/bright - the lyrics color is a little bit bright, and don't know if only chaning the lyrics color or spliting it from the backdrop will work... But it won't be good if just changing that into black and white only because of this...
    Agree that we can ask ZD to give anothe opiton to be pure black backdrop mode, but I fear it is bit too much at this moment. The same issue will exist in video subtitles, maybe some expereinces can be from there.

16. Nice Monkey

@hao1080p
    Frankly no idea what Full Screen is meant to be for. Maybe you are right and it is Karaoke as a goal? As I am not really into that never even thought about it.
    I then don´t understand the Auto mode. A button to start would be more logical then (or instant when playback starts).

17. JBA6

JBA6 Member

Hi Nice Monkey,
    Full screen is for people like me. I may be in the minority of media box owners but I like to have the lyrics for at least some of my music displayed on screen in the same way that I used to enjoy reading the lyrics on an LP sleeve back in the days when I had a turntable. They remind me of the words which aren’t always easy to make out and allow me to sing along which I still occasionally enjoy, as long as my wife isn’t around! Needless to say the lyrics need to be synced to make this last feature easy to use. I also include at the start of my lyric files details of the musicians playing particularly for instrumentals where there might be guest musicians playing a solo or even ensemble parts. Having all this stuff come up on the big screen means I don’t need to get the original CD and my glasses out which sadly is now necessary if I want to read the small text in a CD booklet.

Kodi with the Transparency skin looks great on-screen and provides all the features I require but sadly not on my Z9S. In case any one is interested and rather off-topic for a Zidoo forum, I’ve just purchased an Odroid N2 CoreELEC edition which is a media player based on an AMLogic S922X SoC that you have to partially assemble yourself. It’s running a custom version of Kodi on top of a minimal Linux operating system. It correctly recognises all my music files, plays music files gapless and for tracks with 44.1, 48, 96, 176.4 and 192KHz sample rates plays them back at the correct sample rates. It does a pretty good job with video files too. If the Zidoo Music program doesn’t gain gapless playback and improve it’s recognition of particularly my hi-res tracks I expect I’ll switch permanently from the Z9S to the Odroid. Kodi does of course have an optional screen-saver for those who want the screen to blank after setting some music playing.

--
    JB

18. Nice Monkey

@JBA6
    Thanks for the explaining. I think you guys got it right which I did not and is for Karaoke. Lots of fans for that in Asia (and South America).

Yes agree for KODI fans there is nothing better than an OpenElec platform. Multiple very good players for that. Did a try with a Dual OS Android plus OpenElec Xtreamer box several years ago.
    I am pretty convinced Zidoo Music Player will get the right features over time. It has become their main focal point now.

19. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

When i say Native - I mean that i'm not running Kodi or any other player 3rd party player software I use Home Theater 2.0 -

I'm talking about a Screen Saver not changing the wallpaper as you have mentioned

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  20. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Member

I just bought the z9s and there are problems,
    1:When watching a movie from my pc to z9s the movie sometimes stops and i have to start again from the beginning.
    2:The bookmarks does not work on HD movies on 4k it does.
    3:Truehd sound stutters,when i reboot everything is fine.
    4:Somethimes black screen,when i pull out hdmi cable and put it back in receiver everything is fine.
    5:Wathing a 4k 60fps movie on usb 3.0 hard drive the audio is sometimes out off sink.