Z1000 PRO Version 6.2.0 (6.2.5) can't play .avi (DIVX or XVID)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Sharpik, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Sharpik

Sharpik New Member

Since the update to version 6.2.0 (6.2.5) I cannot play some films (DIVX or XVID) that I have in .avi format, but some .avi films are played. An error is displayed on the screen stating that the video cannot be played. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

It still works with version 6.1.05

2. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Will check.

3. Andrew Davies

Andrew Davies New Member

I have exactly same issue on most Xvid AVI files after recent purchase of Zidoo Z1000 PRO. I previously updated all my DivX files to H264 so this not an issue for me. The issue on AVI files is caused by by lack of support for "Packed Bitstream" and on your advice I have downgraded my firmware from v6.3.60 down to v6.1.05 and all my avi files now play fine. Only a few avi files do not use Packed Bitstream that is why only a few files actually work. I currently have the issue raised by email with Service [mailto:service@zidoo.tv] as I have 1000's of old episodes MEDIAIFO: Xvid (Packed Bitstream)(Advanced Simple@L5)(BVOP1) or similar and would be a very big job to convert all these files to H264. I upgraded from Himedia Q10 PRO that played all these files fine but the unit is now getting a bit old. I hope Zidoo will fix the bug in the firmware as it is disappointing to get a new unit that was supposed to support avi but lost that ability during the firmware upgrades.

4. mirror

Could pls provide a sample file?

5. Andrew Davies

Andrew Davies New Member

I have already sent a sample file via We Transfer to service@zidoo.tv
    Use this link to download: https: // we.tl/t-HqvKfd9HwB

6. Andrew Davies

Andrew Davies New Member

Take the spaces out of the link. I had to put spaces in so I can post.

7. mirror

Got it.

8. Andrew Davies

Andrew Davies New Member

I found a program called MPEG4 Modifier 1.4.6 where you can simply Unpack the file to remove the "Packed Bitstream" then the file will play in the Z1000 PRO with firmware v3.6.60.

9. Andrew Davies

Andrew Davies New Member

I have also found many mkv files do not play on v6.1.05. I also have a lot of these files that play OK on Himedia Q10 PRO
    MEDIAINFO: MPEG-4 Visual (MS MPEG-4 v3)
    I cannot see any item in change logs that suggests that this has been fixed in later firmware versions.
    Download Link: https: // we.tl/t-32ymM2Jvq5
    Spaces added to link so I could post it.