Z1000 pro pcm bitstream probleem

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Frank Kasteren, Nov 11, 2022.

1. My z1000 pro wil not output pcm bitstream wen I play the movie red tails its auro 3d pcm it wil not play it in bitstream only lpcm so no auro to the receiver

What can I do about it

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
  2. audit13

audit13 New Member

Which audio receiver or processor are you using to play 3d Auto audio?

3. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

With regard to multi-channel PCM soundtracks... IIRC, my older X9s was not able to play these? And some of my older Bluray discs had lossless 5.1 PCM soundtracks and there would not be any audio output.. I would then always use the multichannel FLAC option in MakeMKV when I would rip any titles like this in order to still have a lossless soundtrack option.. I haven't had the opportunity to try my Z9x with PCM files like this, but I wonder if it still is the case?

4. I use the denon x8500ha as a processor end 3 parasound 51a for amplifiers. In the bedroom I have a denon x6300h end a zidoo z9x it has the same problem no auro over pcm whit red tails

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

If the track is encoded in PCM there is no bitstream. Auro can be carried either in a DTS-HD bitstream or a PCM track so unless you have a DTS-HD track as well you won't get a bitstream.

6. It's a pcm track my pioneer bdp lx71 plays the disc whit auro my panasonic ub9000 can't play the pcm track in auro zidoo can't play it

7. Markswift2003

The Auro layer is encoded in the PCM track and if the PCM track is not played back absolutely bit for bit as laid down on the track then it won't be decoded - the PCM data may be intact, but the Auro data is modified too and therefore useless.

Because of the nature of PCM tracks, they are usually not bit perfect to the source when they come out of a player because, unlike encoded bitstreams like DTS and Dolby, PCM can have volume changed, emphasis changed etc etc - and that entails modification of the digital stream and there's usually some of that going on internally too.

One thing you could try, although I doubt it's going to work, is to disable volume control on the Zidoo (Settings/Audio/Volume Direct Mode).

8. It did not work

I found on the zappiti form it works whit zappiti to play red tails in auro 3d

Then it can be made to work on a zidoo

9. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

So, just to be clear... Is the Zidoo able to output multichannel PCM movie soundtracks? With my older Zidoos, I recall not getting sound when picking these soundtracks on early blurays that used this "lossless" audio format. Thus I would rip in the FLAC format instead for these relatively few titles. Or was it because I had my Audio preference set to RAW and possibly my volume output set low? Thanks...

10. Markswift2003

It can output multichannel PCM just fine, so if you have a file with a PCM multichannel soundtrack, that works perfectly.

In fact the the hardware is capable of decoding into PCM also, it's just not licensed to do that.

upload_2022-11-16_14-22-12.png

upload_2022-11-16_14-22-33.png

11. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Weird, mine have never worked.. at least on my X9s and Z9s models... obviously not an issue now as there hasn't been a PCM soundtrack Bluray in years... and I haven't needed to play any on my Z9x.... this shouldn't have been an issue with earlier versions how MakeMKV ripped the file would it?

12. Markswift2003

Yep - just tested a Z9S and that showed "None" as the audio track and no audio output - Didn't test, but I assume it's the same with an X9S too..

13. Its lpcm not bitstream pcm to play Auro-3D over pcm it has to be bitstream pcm

14. Markswift2003

LPCM is a subset of PCM, I'm just using the term "PCM" to denote the mode of quantisation, ie Pulse Code Modulation.

That response was not in regard to Auro-3D.