Z10/Z9S losing connection to SMB Shares

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z10' started by BlackBriar, Jun 20, 2020.

1. BlackBriar

BlackBriar New Member

I’ve encountered a frustrating problem using my Zidoo Z10 and Z9s and wondered if anyone had any suggestions. Both boxes are running 2.2.97 / 3.0.40 (H.T.)

I run an UNRAID server with two SMB shares, TV Shows and Films. The Z10 is the main player in the living room, and consistently loses connection to the Films share, and occasionally to the TV Show share.

The result of this when I am in the poster wall is that the wall goes blank, then usually repopulates a few seconds later after the connection is re-established. Occasionally, however, the Zidoo does not reconnect to the Film share, and displays the “INVALID” status in the attached image.

If this occurs during playback, the video will freeze, requiring a restart. This can happen several times during a film, which obviously ruins the experience.

The Z9S is in the bedroom upstairs, and connected to the shares via wi-fi. It exhibits the same behaviour, frequently losing the Films share.

As a result of this, I picked-up an Nvidia Shield TV Pro to test in comparison, both via Wi-Fi and Ethernet. The Shield holds its connection to both shares without an issue. The problem with the Shield is I much prefer the Zidoo H.T.3 interface – vanilla Kodi is flat and unattractive.

Has anyone encountered this issue before? Should I revert back to a 2.X version of H.T?

Attached Files:

2. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Member

I have the same problem with my z9s but then with nfs,smb does not work.