Z10 Suddenly stop playing when using external USB HDD

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z10' started by mrlkp, Oct 9, 2019.

1. mrlkp

mrlkp New Member

Since updated to android 7, Zidoo box (X10 and Z10) will frequently stop playing suddenly. When play stop, the USB port connected to the external USB HDD is temporarily out of fucntion. I turn off and switch on the external USB HDD or unplug and replug the USB calbe, but Zidoo still cannot read the external USB HDD. I change the USB port connected to external USB HDD to another port , Zidoo can read the external USB HDD again. If I restart the Zidoo, it is also ok. There may be some bugs in the external USB HDD driver under android 7.

2. EdoNork

EdoNork New Member

It's a general error, to much people with the same problem.
    Hoping Zidoo can solve it as soon as posible.

3. kestasm

kestasm New Member

when i watch movies. for me every time the movie stops and nothing helps. only helps turning off the power and turning it back on. My movies are on different usb 3.0 hdd

it is very annoying that i can never watch a movie completely

4. EdoNork

EdoNork New Member

You can connect the external USD HDD to one of the two USB 2.0 sockets. Those work as they should.

5. catorcio

catorcio Member

firmware v2.2.96?

6. Valera

Valera Member

No, t
    No, they dont. They do not support many usb 3 devices which are not backward compatible with usb 2.

7. EdoNork

EdoNork New Member

Never found one a single USB 3 HDD not compatible with USB 2.

8. Valera

Valera Member

It's correct, when we're talking about hardware compatibility in theory. In practice, usb 3.0 device which works fine w/ my PC won't work with Z10 more than 5 min.

9. kestasm

kestasm New Member

Yes

10. catorcio

catorcio Member

Strano Ho installato il firmware v2.2.96 ma la mia è bene, non può essere un difetto del disco rigido