Z10 Pro, problems copy files

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Daniel Tijero, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Daniel Tijero

Daniel Tijero New Member

Hi, I have a Z10 Pro with a 6TB Western Digital RED HDD inside it and a 2TB USB disk. When I try to copy a file from the USB drive to the other disk it does not allow me to paste the copied file, I have tried various ways but I cannot, if someone can help me I would appreciate it.

2. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Is it a new hdd inside the Zidoo? Did you try to format it?

3. Daniel Tijero

Daniel Tijero New Member

It has an NTFS format, I formatted it on my computer

4. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

It looks like a pb of write permission but I can’t understand how, using an internal HDD and the other one through one of the USB port to transfer the files…

5. Daniel Tijero

Daniel Tijero New Member

Yes, I also think it is a problem of access permissions, but I don't know how to solve it

6. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Did you try to copy a file to the internal hdd from a different source, like a flash drive or something like that?

Did you try a factory reset of the Zidoo or to flash the bios?

Are you using the last firmware?

I have a 14TB WD RED Plus in my Z10 pro + a Qnap DAS with 2 others 14TB WD RED (as individuals) through a USB port. I have no pb to paste files from an external SSD or a HDD to one of these.

7. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Can do from Media Center(Zidoo file explorer) or try use Solid Explorer File Manager, Total Commander with access from File system root /storage/<UUID> to avoid to be read-only.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  8. Daniel Tijero

Daniel Tijero New Member

I have the latest firmware installed, and the problem continues. I installed the same settings on my old Zidoo X9S device and had no problem copying files

9. Daniel Tijero

Daniel Tijero New Member

I tried different file managers but they tell me that I have to give it access to the USB disk, but it doesn't tell me how