Z10 Pro needs NAS feature for excellence

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by RafP, Nov 27, 2020.

1. RafP

RafP New Member

Hi, I'm a new user but I have had different other Zidoo models, Z10 Pro is really a great stuff!
    Just received from Futeko and is love at the first glance.
    However, it lacks of NAS feature and I hope the developers would add it as soon as possible.
    Any news about?
    The internal HDD would let my other Zidoo in my network shine! ;)
    Thanks
    RafP

2. skelton

skelton Member

What is NAS feature?

3. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

I think he is talking about openwrt, not possible with latest chipset, use smb server instead.

4. RafP

RafP New Member

Yes, thank you, but smb server (still being simple and powerful) has no configuration possible, or I miss something menu elsewhere?

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I must say I only can agree here. At least UID+PWD should be configurable optionally.

OpenWRT has nothing to do with the new SOC features but yes with Google Android 9 as far as I know. New OpenWRT versions require a lot of flash too. It is an overkill for most using Media Players.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    DaMacFunkin likes this.
  6. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Sorry didn’t realise it was a limitation of Google Android 9, I just thought the chipset didn’t support it.

7. RafP

RafP New Member

An interesting upgrade to the built-in samba server could be to stay alive during standby mode.
    Yes, UID+PSD should be useful, but also being able to choose which disk/folder to share and its name over the net. Now everything is shared by default and each disk has a code number instead of its name.