Z10 connected to UHD3000?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z10' started by Bktz260, Nov 11, 2022.

1. Bktz260

Bktz260 New Member

So I have a UHD3000 as my primary home theater player (that I have yet to set up). I have also installed a new 4k 65" in the livingroom on another floor of the house that I was hoping to stream the media from the UHD3000 using another Zidoo player like the Z10...
    Is that possible to setup the 3000 as a server itself where it can support playing a media to the theater while also allowing the Z10 to access media from it to play on the other tv? - or do I need to actually setup a true NAS using Plex? I wasn't seeing where the 3000 could be used as a NAS to allow a Z10 to access media from it...
    I've got 2 quiet Seagate 8tb drives for the UHD3000 but finding I'm filling them up quick with 4k media. I've got a 16tb as a backup but it's loud and would be more suited for a NAS somewhere that's NOT in the theater room - was just hoping I could use what I have currently to get the job done... thanks in advance for any input and ideas!

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yeah, should be easy - just enable the SMB server on the 3000 and look for it on the network with the Z10.

3. Bktz260

Bktz260 New Member

That would be excellent - thanks for the info!