Z10 4K howto?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z10' started by FlyByWire, Aug 12, 2022.

Tags:
  1. FlyByWire

FlyByWire New Member

Hi,
    In my setup, the Z10 is getting Video material over NAS (Synology). AVR is 4K capable (Pioneer SC-LX502). Same is the TV (Samsung GQ65Q90RGTXZG)
    I’m wondering why I am not able to play 4K?! Looking in the setup of the Zidoo, I don’t find a resolution higher than 1080p. How could I change that?
    FB2D5ADD-597B-41C5-9BEF-BE5907C6FAAC.png

thanks!

2. FlyByWire

FlyByWire New Member

nobody?:(
    Could somebody provide a screenshot of his resolution settings?

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The only reason I can think of for that is the EDID - can you capture two EDIDs so we can see where the problem is.

1. With the Samsung directly connected

2. With the AVR in line

To Download EDID
    ================
    Settings/Display/Custom EDID/Save EDID
    Change the file extension from .bin to .txt to post on forum

4. FlyByWire

FlyByWire New Member

sorry, I can‘t find Custom EDID in my Zidoo Settings?! Am I looking at the wrong place?
    D74D0626-0635-41DB-9FF9-A4F148B713C6.jpeg

5. Markswift2003

Sorry - my fault - I didn't read the title! The older boxes don't allow EDID import/export.

So if you connect direct to the TV, do you see 4K options in HDMI Modes?

6. FlyByWire

FlyByWire New Member

That‘s what I did.
    52B3A04B-7E42-4156-AD2D-273E41FEE7DD.jpeg
    So it seems I has to do with my AVR?! No idea what that could be…

7. Markswift2003

I'm not familiar with Pioneer AVRs so can't help I'm afraid - there's probably a forum for it on AVS.

One thing - if you connect via the AVR and select "Ignore EDID" on the HDMI Mode page, what happens?

8. FlyByWire

FlyByWire New Member

If I set the resolution on the Zidoo to be 3840x2160P 60Hz, I get „2160P60 YUV420 8bits ITU709“ I‘m not very familiar with Video norms, I‘m afraid.

9. Markswift2003

Ok - setup as below:

Display/Resolution: Auto
    Display/HDR: Auto
    Display/Advanced settings/Deep Color Mode: 10-bit
    Display/Advanced settings/Color Space Mode: YCbCr 444
    Display/Advanced settings/HDMI Range Mode: 16-235

And leave Ignore EDID switched on - the Pioneer is doing something it shouldn't do to the TV EDID but without either a newer box or and HDFury device we can't tell what - other than stripping the 4K modes!

Ignore EDID, well, ignores that...

10. FlyByWire

FlyByWire New Member

I finally found the solution:)
    In another forum somebody had the same issue. The problem is, on the AVR one HDMI out is used by the TV, the other by a Mitsubishi HC9000. This one (FullHD only) seems to communicate with the AVR even in standby. When switching the beamer off, I do get 4k resolution on the zidoo!!! So if the beamer is in standby, the AVR seems to limit the resolution to the maximum matching resolution.

Thanks for leading my the right way!

11. Markswift2003

Ah - that makes sense - although you can maintain 4K output with the beamer in standby by just leaving Ignore EDID switched on.

12. FlyByWire

FlyByWire New Member

Probably, but in that case I would have to adjust the framerate an resolution manually. I thinks this is the easier way. I think there is an option in the AVR setting to assign each Input to a specific output. This might work too, but I didn‘t try…

13. Markswift2003

Situations like this are a whole lot easier with the newer models - you could just load a custom EDID.

FlyByWire likes this.