Youtube TV does not work

Discussion in 'General Android Apps' started by fackamato, Jan 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. fackamato

fackamato New Member

X9S

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/googl...-record-live-tv-1-12-10-android-apk-download/

The app installs OK but when I launch it, it asks for Location permission. I give it permission, click OK, but it still asks for permission. I tried restarting the box and the app but still the same. Also verified manually in permissions / applications, the app has permissions & location is turned on.

Any ideas?

(The regular Youtube app from the Play store is useless - it does not work without a keyboard and mouse)

2. JJKK

JJKK Moderator Staff Member Beta test group

I dowloaded it as well. When I allowed access the App kept crashing. I deleted the App and installed it again. When asked for access, I clicked Deny. When asked for audio input I clicked Deny and the App is working perfectly.

3. fackamato

fackamato New Member

I just realized Youtube TV is for TV channels, it's not a Youtube app for TV's.

Is there a way to get a normal Android Youtube app working on the Zoodi? (like the one on FireTV or built in on my TV)

4. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

5. JJKK

JJKK Moderator Staff Member Beta test group

I believe we are talking about YouTube for Android TV. Not YouTube TV. YT TV is only available in select cities in the US. It's not worldwide.

6. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Downloaded and installed (upgraded) yesterday, works like a charm.
    Indeed I usually prefer to use the TV embedded version, but maybe that the last one released Android TV version is comparable if not better then TV embedded (WebOS) version.
    Not yet checked if the current Android TV version is able to play 4K YouTube videos on X9S.