Feedback Yamaha and Zidoo wont play together

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Richard, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Richard

Richard New Member

Hi all. I have the X9S connected to a yamaha av2050 watching on a lg oled.
    When I press a function on the yamaha remote to see the info or menu I lose the picture from the Zidoo?
    I think it is something to do with my setting the Zidoo to 4k 60hz, any ideas or suggestion what might cause it?

2. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Turn off CEC function and try again.
    More details needed.

Richard likes this.
  3. Richard

Richard New Member

Will try CEC soon.
    the Yamaha is connected via mode 1 (HDR etc) as opposed mode 2 (Non HDR)
    The Zidoo out puts to the Yamaha and the yamaha outputs the signal to HDMI 1 on the TV.
    If any other info I can provide I will do so, please let me know what you may need?

cheers Rich

4. Richard

Richard New Member

as I can see, CEC is OFF. and all the 4k settings on Zidoo are affected by me pressing buttons on the yamaha remote. for eg; if i press volume I no longer see the volume on screen and if I press display or on screen etc then I lose the video Picture and it goes to the yamaha default background till i press return etc.

5. Richard

Richard New Member

I am in need of a AV genius to hopefully help me.
    I have an LG OLED B6, Yama 2050, Zidoo X9s media player. Hi-speed HDMI cables.
    My problem is when I set the Zidoo to 4k (2160p at any hz) auto deep colour or 10bit etc and colour space to either auto or 420, 422 444 and then I press the yamaha remote for OSD (on screen or display) I lose the video signal and get the piano background. The info button tells me the HDMI resolution is ???
    I have no idea what part of my chain could be killing this set-up?
    The Yamaha has been tried in Mode 1 and 2. I have swapped out HDMI cables and changed around which sockets I use.
    Could anyone , anywhere have an idea that may help. Please.
    many thanks Rich

6. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

The video actually is shut down from yamaha as opposed to X9S.
    After x9s output video&audio to a receiver, the receiver can take over everything.
    Next time you lose the video, you can have a try, unplug X9S's HDMI wire from the receiver, then plug it into TV directly, see if the video shows again on TV.

7. Richard

Richard New Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried another brand new X9s and same problem. I bought the Nvidia shield and from day one out the box 4k 59..hz and 420 or 444. If anyone does have this issue like me I have no idea how to help. thanks

8. Tukker

Tukker Member

I have a yamaha avr 681 and when i lower the volume with my yamaha remote the x8 stops playing and sometimes reset.
    Its the function of the yamaha remote frequenty with is the same as the zidoos. For volume change a have to use the yamaha app.

Richard likes this.
  9. Richard

Richard New Member

thanks for that, got this Shield now and tbf it is great. sorry wrong forum for me now!
    take care

10. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

What details do you need? How many HDMI CEC complains are on this forum? How many times have they been ignored? Seems like posting HDMI CEC issues here is pointless because I have and others have been posting them since the release of X9s. No offense but no one can provide more details unless you tell them the details you need to know.

Richard likes this.
  11. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

I don't have a Yamaha Receiver but from what I can see on this forum, they are a particular problem for the Zidoo X9S and X8. I don't forsee a fix from Zidoo. I have used the X9s and X8 with Samsung and LG TVs, Sony and Marantz receivers, and Samsung and Oppo BD players. There is always a certain level of malfunction with the Zidoo X9s/X8 CEC. In my case, they are not as debilitating as yours. Just non-functional at times.

Get a CEC less adapter for the Zidoo because that is the only way I see that the problem can be addressed with confidence. HDMI CEC problems have been reported with no resolution since the X9S have been for sale.

Richard likes this.