X9S Picture Quality

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by mohamed75, Jul 14, 2019.

1. videobruce

videobruce Member

Understood.

There is a big difference between 1080p & 2160p as to data rates, bandwidth, processing power, codecs etc.
    I can easily see that 2160p can 'tax' certain systems/pieces of equipment.

This, what appears to be a never ending push for higher resolutions is a joke. The crap (for the most part) that these studios are turning out (no matter what country) isn't worth watching AFAIC with a few exceptions. I know that doesn't solve your problem, but I had to put my 2 cents in. ;)

2. videobruce

videobruce Member

I have no 2160p material so I really can't help you here. maybe someone else will chime in.

3. Thanos

Thanos Member

[QUOTE = "mohamed75, post: 91267, člen: 33905"] [/ QUOTE]

- Did you find a solution? I have the same problem.
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...ned-black-is-green-in-some-scenes.75101/#post -121363

- In addition to the problem you have, I have an image of an unclean but also a grainy one. (overall, it looks like 1080p and 4K videos are at 6 bit low resolution)

- I tried the same movies in my cheaper Android TV box and the picture is clearer, more accurate and has better colors + correct gamma, dark black.
    TLC + Thomson TV (4K + HDR10, HLG)

- I am using HDMI 2.0 port
    - I will try several HDMI cables (no distinction)
    - Reset BOX, update,
    - I tried different firmware versions (no difference) Whatever I set, the image is grainy or hazy. Did you solve it for you? When I paid almost 180 euros for TV, I would like to see a movie.

I have a TV or a second TV box (S905X + Mali 450 has a sharper and more vivid picture, I don't understand where the problem is)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
  4. mohamed75

mohamed75 New Member

@Thanos
    Yes I found a solution, I just sold my x9s and I bought Egreat A5 which is far much better.

pcristi likes this.
  5. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

Layer 8 problem....