X9S not turning ON

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Vaikundamoorthy, Nov 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Vaikundamoorthy

Vaikundamoorthy New Member

Hi,
    I am using Zidoo X9s. Recently I upgraded the firmware to the latest version. It was working well. But all of a sudden, the device is not turning ON today. Only the RED LED is lit after the Power switch is pressed.
    Nothing shows in VFD display or no Output in HDMI. Is this hardware failure or any other issue? Please help.

Attached Files:

2. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

Two things you can try

a) Factory reset using the reset button
    b) If a) fails, use another power supply with same Volts and Amp.

3. Vaikundamoorthy

Hi.
    I tried both the options. Still the led is lit in red color after powering it on & nothing happens after that.
    I had tried flashing firmware image from usb. It is also not working (X9s is not accessing the usb drive).

4. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

The red LED is just a power present indicator. If it is booting, the firmware will immediately turn the LED to blue and the VFD lights up to max brightness until zidoo is fully booted to adjust the VFD brightness according to setting.

With that said, your box may have hardware failure, or may have corrupted basic core firmware that does not even pass the LED and VFD boot step, so factory reset may not solve your boot issue. You may want to do an emergency flash with a new image, the X9S flash step is in the top 2nd pinned thread. My experience with firmware change of any sort is that during update, I get black screen for a long time, but unplugging and re-plugging the HDMI cable gets the screen back on, so don't power off and be patient.

Good luck!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  5. Vaikundamoorthy

I tried to flash the firmware image as per the steps mentioned in 'How To Flash Zidoo X9S Unit'. Even I left the usb drive with img file for more than 30 minutes.
    But still no luck. I think it may be hardware failure.
    Thank you for your suggestions.

6. looun

looun Member

try this.
    1. unplug power cable and turn off power button
    2. use a paper clip or pen to press and hold the the pinhole reset button
    3. While keeping the reset button pressed
    4. plug power cable
    5. While keeping the reset button pressed
    6. turn on x9s
    7. While keeping the reset button pressed
    now x9s should be reset

if not work
    1. unplug power cable and turn ON power button
    2. use a paper clip or pen to press and hold the the pinhole reset button
    3. While keeping the reset button pressed
    4. plug power cable
    5. While keeping the reset button pressed

videobruce likes this.
  7. Vaikundamoorthy

Hi,
    I had tried this few times already. But no success till now. The box is not even going to the boot sequence I guess.

8. Areis

Areis New Member

Hi, I have .similar issue with my new x9s box, It will power on then the screen with media control shows for 2 seconds, then
    dissapears and message "No HDMI signal " comes on. tried on-off setup but no change. Can someone help?

9. Dairy_Farmer

Dairy_Farmer Member

10. Pedro Salazar

Pedro Salazar New Member

11. chupa

chupa New Member

Guys I got another X9S with the same problem, but what's going on? I bought many X9s for friends over 2 years and no one has ever had problems and I was very happy with the product and I never thought of addressing other producers, but now many of those boxes with the same problem as Vaikundamoorthy are coming back to me, I believe that there is an error in the last firmware that like a Russian ruoulette can make the box go to the brick without the possibility of recovering it but I don't expect this from a product that costs no less than 150 €

I will try the usual recovery procedures but they will probably fail like the other boxes I have here with the same problem

12. Vaikundamoorthy

No. All the usual recovery procedures mentioned in this forum didn't solve the problem.
    There was no proper response from zidoo support also. When Zidoo doesn't recognize and give any procedure to recover the box, we can't waste our time on it endlessly.
    I had ordered 20 X9s at that time & I had this problem in 2 boxes at different times. They said they will send a replacement when I place an order next time which I never done. Thank you.

13. olisun

olisun Member

Interesting that my X9S has been misbehaving since the last couple of days and it's hangs randomly.

I have to power it off a couple of times to get it working. Once it works it works until it stops again after a couple of hrs.

I thought I was the only one but it seems others are seeing a similar pattern.

Is there a timebomb designed to stop the unit from functioning properly after a set amount of time?