X9S does not power on

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Shahrokh Hafizi, Feb 28, 2019.

1. I Just received a Zidoo X9S from Amazon.
    I connected it to my system and it powered on, I did the set up and I chose "Direct Stand By".

I trued off the system.

I try to power it on, but it does not power on. I see a small blue light on the LED display but nothing comes up.

Could you help me please?

I did not update the software or anything else. Just tried a 3D movie on it for 5 minutes.
    But no matter what I do, It doesn't power on.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  2. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

Have you unplugged the power and plugged it back in again? There was issues with standby on old firmware

3. Yes, I tried it a few times. It didn't work.
    I shipped it back and Amazon sent me a replacement unit which I'll get it in a couple of days.

Do you have any suggestion for me on using this device?

I'm not going to update the firmware if it works OK.

I'll be using it for 720P (DVD) and 1080p/24 (BD and 3D MVC). I don't use 4K (either in or out).

4. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

Update to the latest firmware to get trouble free playback and enhanced bluray menu support.

5. The problem was that I could not turn it on (No way to update anything). Otherwise, it worked fine for 5 minutes with the firmware that the unit came with for my needs (No 4K in or out).
    Also, some user have issues with the new firmware when they play 3D MVC movies (they get audio dropout).

Here is the link: Post #167

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-n...rs-content-streaming/2619049-zidoo-x9s-6.html

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

there was the reflash option, that should have reset the system letting you update via USB

7. Many thanks for all your help.
    My Zidoo X9S is up and running with the latest firmware.
    So far so good and no issues.