x20 pro not properly shutdown (most of the time)

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X20 PRO' started by ahuman, Sep 5, 2018.

1. ahuman

ahuman Member

Hi all, i have experienceing my x20 pro not properly shutdown. most of the time (sometime it is able to shutdown properly), when i shut it down, it stuck but the TV seems still receiving black signal or still detecting the hdmi but no video, and the clock on the led panel freeze. the fan still on. after waiting for 30 minute, it is still no response. no response also from the remote. what i normally do is turn off using the master power switch.
    anyone experience same problem? anything that i can do to fix it?
    Thanks

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Using Music Player 2.0? It is known to remain hung in the background and could cause this?

3. ahuman

ahuman Member

probably, i will try to on the x20 and try the possibility, Thanks Nice Monkey for suggestion.

4. ahuman

ahuman Member

so far, i tried with any apps opened, it will shut down properly. but strange that music app now is error, keep spinning and error reporting show up. It is usually after several hour of x20 pro is on the shutdown error shown. will try to reproduce the error after several hour, and report back.

5. ahuman

ahuman Member

Yes, I can reproduce the shutdown freeze after about 4 hour of x20 pro on. No music app on background or movie. Anyone has suggestion what cause the problem? Thanks

6. Nice Monkey

What I can reproduce is an unsafe eject of USB HDD resulting in a hung condition during power-off. It does not happen always but frequently though.
    It is always risky to do so, but it still should not result in a hung condition.

Found this when doing my Volume Label tests and got a bit impatient (VL max. 11 positions allowed problem).

7. ahuman

ahuman Member

hi Nice Monkey, today, after x20 pro on for 12hours, before i turned off i cleaned all task using task manager app, and it was shutdown properly. i will try another round to see whther it was affected by the device not able to properly kill the app, or just i was luck. will report back.

8. ahuman

ahuman Member

i tried many times by clean task before shutdown but it was randomly proper shutdown and on other half was stuck shutdown. Still cannot located the issue. Any suggestion¿

9. Nice Monkey

Tried a factory reset already? Will clean up everything, loosing all data too.

10. ahuman

ahuman Member

not yet, ok, i will try it. any5hing to consider before reset¿

11. ahuman

ahuman Member

hi Nice Monkey, i did reset but still shutdown freeze issue. i unmounted my HDD and USB attached, let see if those was the culprit

12. ahuman

ahuman Member

Hi all..after gone through intensive test and also clean format, i conclude that the shutdown problm was due to mac osx journalled format HDD. Interestingly it able to read and write for this format but Zidoo unable to eject the hdd before shutting down, thats why its stuck. Another interesting finding, if the hdd i connected using Usb or docking, no problem found. So i decided to use docking for osx format and NTFS inside the Zidoo.