X1 first contact

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X1' started by 720p, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

I think that Youtube 1080p has been added to further functionality in a future ROM.

90 Mb on ethernet is good.

2. 720p

720p Member Beta test group

Issues with HDMI CEC well, this seems to works somehow, but it is not consistent.
    This evening, during my first full movie watch on X1, I've noticed that TV was displaying randomly error messages related to the comunication with the audio sistem. I never had those error messages related to the comunication with the audio system with my old player, so I would assume that X1 is the cause.
    My setup is as follows: X1 <===HDMI===>Yamaha Receiver HTR3067 <===HDMI===>SONY TV.
    At a certain point I've noticed that I can control X1 from the remote of my SONY TV. I was able to navige in the interface and launch Kodi, and inside Kodi to select butons using the arrows on my tv remote. But at a certain point this was not working anymore..
    So HDMI CEC is working, but from time to time it looses somehow comunication in this whole chain (could be the cable, but it;s the one suplied with X1). I;ve tried to disable the HDMI CEC, but this is not working, my TV still see a player with CEC attached to it.
    Maybe Zidoo, you can check please if the HDMI CEC settings ( In Settings>Display on-off) are really doing someting... I think HDMI CEC is cool, but in my setup is genrating some issues and it will be great to have it off

3. dirtykimchi

dirtykimchi New Member

CPU-Z is reporting root access.. Is that a false positive?

Still waiting for my unit. Can someone post the build.prop?

4. spring

spring Guest

hi

Attached Files:

5. Rob Hart

Rob Hart New Member

Thanks Spring,

DirtyKimchi, I tried SU on a terminal and no access, also sideload Super SU and it fails.

P.S. anyone else have to Toggle Ethernet Off/On to get it to connect on a cold/warm boot (wifi connect up perfectly)

Thansk Rob.

6. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Hi,We will release a new version tomorrow,It will be rooted

slappy likes this.
  7. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Hi,If you'd like, there is also 1080p Kernal of X1. However, we adopt the OSD 720p to the official version, after our repeated testing and evaluation. Cuz, 1080p Kernal will make the UI to take up the memory with over 4X. Within the scope of memory with 1GB, we prefer to leave the free memory to the apps that really need.
    In fact, videos are rendered on a different hardware buffer, and both that hardware buffer and the frame buffer are then scaled to whatever HDMI output resolution is set.
    On the original SDK, ZIDOO have done a lot of improvements.Therefore, please do not just only take SDK to make a comparision. Such "dolphin_fvd_p1-eng 4.4.2 KOT49H"

8. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

I tried to push via adb too but it didn't work but with a rooted version coming tomorrow, not long to wait to get all that lovely full access.

My ethernet comes up first time on a cold boot.

9. Alan.W

Alan.W New Member

Ok this is true.
    Uploading another rom this risk.
    This may cause damage X1

10. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

Yes, I guess at this point we do not know just how resilient the H3 SOC is from hard bricking, although, based on most recent SOCS's it is very hard thing to do from flashing an incompatible ROM.

With these SOC's all having what is essentially the same core spec and limitations on the additional hardware functionality that can be added, I'd bet that tge worst that would happen would be a soft brick.

11. xenon

xenon New Member

Zidoo,when we can see X1 firmware on support site???

All H3 devices on market are based on the same Homlet H3 firmware.If you put some another firmaware for some other cpu,then there will be problems.
    I think some other H3 Homlet firmwares will not damage X1,just you must to know is thet firmware have Lan driver,or is wi-fi driver is the same as on X1,but you can test it after flashing is done.

12. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

On the subject of firmware flashing, is there a way to flash without using Phoenixtools because I just realised that to physically connect the X1 to my PC, I am going to need a USB A male to a male cable and like me, I suspect that not many people will have one lying around.

13. xenon

xenon New Member

Yes,Yes,Yes

You need only SD card and Phoenixcard program.Put SD card in reader then open phoenixcard,then put IMG file in program and burn sd card.When finished,take out sd card,turn off from power X1,insert SD card,turn on X1 and watch info on TV.All this is 5 min job.
    You have all here,step by step.

http://www.orangepi.org/downloadresources/orangepiplus/orangepiplus_c08ccef28153a75ef3899f8.html

PRO Support looks like this link.They have all resources,we dont have nothing.I hope someone from zidoo will read this:)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  14. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

Thanks for that.

I wanted to test out the procedure without putting the card into my X1 as we wait for the new image.

The recommended version of Phoenixcard from that site is incompatible with Windows 8.1, so downloaded the official 3.06 version which does run.

When I selected a test image for another H3 device, Phoenixcard returned the error 'Script not found, Please use new version image'

The same happens if I try to use the Orange Pi Image.

Will have to test the 3.10 with Windows 7 to see if that works.

Just downloaded 3.09 and that does work on Windows 8.1 and will accept the images although it won't burn them.

Will try more options later.

Finally found out that the folder containing 3.10 had special characters that was preventing it from running.

Tested as far as burning a typical image, so looking good for future image flashing.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  15. xenon

xenon New Member

Nice

Behind me were 1000 burning images:)

16. Rob Hart

Rob Hart New Member

Hey Guys,

I tried the Orange PI image, while it boots and you have to change langage from chinese to english, there is no wifi, ethernet or IR, plus it is very sluggish.

Is there a system image/restore I can flash to my Zidoo X1 as i have soft bricked it (red light and zidoo logo on boot)

Thanks in advance

Rob.

17. Rob Hart

Rob Hart New Member

CPU-z shows 1.5ghz and 4 x cores with the Orange Pi Rom :)
    also tried the tronsmart 1080p, Zidoo are correct the interface is a bit more sluggish, though the tronspart have a good app range built in (plex, hulu, netflix, es file explorer, supersu, youtube)

I'll have to wait for the official Zidoo X1 image to flash back to stock

18. Rob Hart

Rob Hart New Member

Beelink X2 H3 Rom also works, Ethernet and Video OK, it's a vanilla ROM with nothing added.

19. Alan.W

Alan.W New Member

As with temerature on other roms?

20. 720p

720p Member Beta test group

Hmm.. temperature could be an issue since there is no vent holes on X1 and all heat is keept inside. I was thinking that it could make sense to cut the case on the bottom, where is that metal plate, and maybe put there a metal mesh (used for speakers protection)
    Thanks Rob for sharing your results with other roms. How many CPUs are reported with beelink x2 h3 rom? Did you also tried kodi on it?