X1 first contact

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X1' started by 720p, Jul 7, 2015.

1. 720p

720p Member Beta test group

Hello Everyone
    I've received mine unit today. Design seems to be ok, as aspect, but there is no ventilation holes. I guess all the heatsinks are a little bit useless.
    Ports are ok for me, as I'm not using USB sticks. I've connected just a wireless mouse (cheapoo from supermarket) and it seems to work. Remote control works also, better than I was expecting.
    Menus have a lag sometimes, and it's not clear if it took the command from remote or it's the lag.
    I've managed to connect it to internet via wireless, but this is where the fun stops: I get a constant message saying:

Activation Information
    Mode: Zidoo_X1
    NET MAC dc:c0:db:c0:00:xx
    UUID:
    State: Illegal authorized

There is just an option, to click ok. If you click ok the messsage will disapear, but just for a few minutes.
    I've rebooted and added a gmail account, but it does not help
    Now I'm stuck with this message, I don;t know how to get rid of it...

Later edit: I've performed a factory recovery (even if the system has 1 h of uptime), but it does not help, I get the same msg after it is connected to internet.. No app is opening,they will quit back to launcher.
    I'm a little bit disapointed :(

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  2. xenon

xenon New Member

I think you need to flash firmware via SD card if recovery did not help you,but i do not see any IMG file on ZIDOO X1 support page.

Did you check Lan connection?

3. 720p

Brand new box and it needs to be re-imaged? This does not sounds ok..
    I guess they have an authentication database, maybe that needs to be updated with my details.

4. xenon

xenon New Member

If you need fast to know is it only SW or HW problem ,then flashing IMG file is the next logic step.It is only 5 min job.I can to assist you,but we dont have IMG file.

5. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

Did you try rebooting your router as well?

6. 720p

I've managed to make it work by connecting it via Ethernet, setting the IP manually, but removing the gateway. So it will see the local NAS, but is not able to access internet. BTW: Logitech M185 works ok with my X1.
    I've managed to play some file form a SMB share with Kodi. Conclusion:
    PRO:
    -Playback of 1080p files is ok, is by far much better than my old player (based on rk3066)
    -It will passthru DTS and Dolby to my receiver (I've tried 5.1), on HDMI.
    -Kodi interface fluent, it browse files fast, it will open them fast.
    -Color rendering is ok

Cons:
    -It sees every file as 1080/24 fps, and it's changing the display according to this (as Bluesmanuk mentioned before) I could not find a setting that will override it

Now I'm waiting to see how I can solve the "State: Illegal authorized" error..

7. Alan.W

Alan.W New Member

Video only 720p - 1280x720
    Cores 1.5GHz locked at 1.2 GHz
    Antutu benchmark only 15601 points

When you firmware update to 1080p, 4K and release of cores to 1.5GHz?

8. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

What processes/apps did you use to verify this info?

I'm getting 1080p and 4k video.

Haven't checked the status of the cores yet.

Antutu isn't really a reliable test of how a machine will run, just a potential indicator.

9. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

As has has been mentioned, I add my support for a request to have the firmware posted so that we can easily recover from disaster or go back to square 1 easily.

It would also allow us to test flashing to give feedback that it does work correctly.

10. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Hi 720p
    About: Illegal authorized,
    Please give me your NET MAC

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  11. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

authorized is OK now?

12. 720p

Thanks mirror, I cannot check now since I'm at the office, I will give you an answer in a few hours..

13. xenon

xenon New Member

H3 cpu is low cost cpu,which mean UI is at 720p max and 15000 antutu is max for thet cpu.
    Key selling point for H3 is low cost,which can play 4K and HEVC video.

If you want next low cost cpu with more power gpu and cpu,with 1080 UI, then Amlogic S805 is for you but without 4K support.
    If you do not need 4K or you do not have 4K Tv, then go for S805,if you want all in one then go for H3.

14. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

I echo what you are saying there and would add that no matter what power and ability a device might have, unless the software that controls it take take advantage, then it's wasted power.

Put bicycle wheels on a Bugatti Veyron and although the engine is capable of 250Mph, the supporting structure would not enable it.

At least Zidoo do seem to have a far better reputation for support than many other a vendor has shown, which is a bonus in itself.

15. 720p

Alan, I've seen also that Kodi reports only 2 core (IN Settings> System report, I guess). But all my 1080p were played smoth, at 1080p (as my TV reported)
    So Kodi performance is good. There is bug with the framerate, as it sees all the videos as 24 fps, but this does not seems to affect the playback (at least my eyes could not see it)
    Regarding 720p interface: You can set it to 1080, from settings.

16. xenon

xenon New Member

X1 H3 have native UI 720p,1080p from settings is upscaled!!!

S805 have native 1080p for example.

17. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

18. Alan.W

Alan.W New Member

19. xenon

xenon New Member

Did you test it on X1?

20. 720p

I'm happy to report that now my device is authorized, it seems that there is some protection activated when the device gets on internet..
    So Alan is right, there are just 2 cores activated @ 1200 Mhz.. By now I found Kodi to be responsive, even with 2 cores.
    BTW, did anyone managed to make youtube app to play at 1080 ? I have only 720 at Quality Options.
    Network speed seems to be ok also, I will do some test with Iperf client to post the results.
    I would say that H3 seems to be a good option, as the Rom will evolve we will have more power on it..

Later edit: Iperf results: 90 Mb on ethernet and 33 Mb on wifi (Router is Asus RT-N18U, 2.4 Ghz, N server for Iperf is a HP workstation gigabit connected)