Why no android update?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by GaryhParker, Mar 10, 2019.

1. GaryhParker

GaryhParker New Member

Really like my X9S but this android 6 is getting pretty old and not sure why there has never been an update yet.

2. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

What is Android 6 not doing for you that requires an update? That most likely is how Zidoo looks at it.

There's probably things that will break and require fixes with an update. They haven't gotten everything working great under 6. There little hope of any updates considering the age of the device at this point.

3. Akamolik

Akamolik New Member

Gary is correct.... During extensive testing android 6.x was found to be the most stable version for the X9S.

When you do a major version update to android it updates more then just core files, it typically updated device drivers which can cause incompatibility errors with many boxes like the X9S that use very specific hardware and high end components that have been tweaked, that can include custom macros, commands, and even specific memory offsets, that can change during updates.

4. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

Agreed. I don’t care whatnoperating system is running so long as the box is stable. I’m happy with Android 6. If an upgrade means going through all the frame skipping headaches of prior then it’s not worth it.