Why is my HDMI max resolution choice only 1080i

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by muslhead, Nov 2, 2020.

1. muslhead

muslhead Member

I am on the most recent firmware and when going in to set my hdmi video output, the highest resolution i have available to pick from is 1080i.
    All my 4k video files are playing at 1080i resolution.
    What am i doing wrong or if its not me, what do i need to do to fix the problem?

2. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

And to which TV - monitor do you have the player connected? It's about its resolution. If your display has a resolution of 1080 - Full HD, it will be like that. You must connect the player to a UHD TV.

Edit
    You've already solved your problem?

3. muslhead

muslhead Member

vizio 4k.
    Yes, i solved my problem, thanks
    I dont see my follow on post which asked for this post to be deleted.
    The problem was my avr, not the zidoo. I was running the zidoo hdmi out to my avr which was not passing it through to my tv, rather downscaling it to 1080i

Mariusz likes this.
  4. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

OK, It's good that everything is already working.

5. muslhead

muslhead Member

yah, thanks for responding since help is not always available here (and rarely in the manual)

Mariusz likes this.
  6. Tony77

Tony77 Member

can also be limited if using HDMI IN... since u have to strip HDCP max resolution I can get on hdmi in is 1080p..

this also limits the output of local files even when not using hdmi in.. but 1080p is good enough 4 me!

unless uve got over 55" , 4k is barely noticeable.. how bout 8k! lol. what a JOKE!!!

My phone has 8k screen & video..s20 ultra! this is just ridiculous now! 8k on 5" screen...yeah thats important! lol