Why does not the HBO GO of Zidoo?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Leoben, Dec 21, 2016.

1. fdishy

fdishy Member

Happy New Year and lets hope our new President can make America Great Again.

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i see. OTA works if you have the latest firmware, Most boxes where shipped with 1.2.3 firmware. IF you still have a box with 1.2.3 you need to do a local update to latest firmware on them., tright now its: 1.0.42, after that all updates will be OTA. I know of no plans to update to 6.0 on x6 pro. X9S has android 6.0, and the development team seems more focused on getting that box working properly. I don't really like the Rockchip in x6 pro, has allot of limitations, and the SDK is not that good, but for what i'm using it ( playing MKV over samba share ) its good.

3. fdishy

fdishy Member

The ad has been removed from ebay.

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

5. fdishy

fdishy Member

I hoped those 100 customers that paid extra for that model could easily update with the remote control instead of bringing them back to me for free updates. So far I think that only worked correctly once. That is why I thought to spend more and try Zidoo last year. I have seen other companies that never update for their customers. They want people to buy new boxes every year. I now sell a competing box (same specs) that I buy in America about $40 cheaper. I have had Customs seize many TV boxes shipped by DHL at my local airport and claim the logos on the box breaks our patent laws. They allow Amazon to sell the same product.

6. fdishy

fdishy Member

I always buy in quantity and never pay the prices I see on ebay. Those fully loaded ads and Jailbroken, PPV etc. for $82.00 shipped to your door don't help. I have never seen good software in any of them. I bet they sell a lot of them. I am old school and service my customers the way I would like to be treated. Things are changing.

7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

I never had problems with updates, some user did have, but not me. Its just a matter of putting the update zip on a USB stick and poiting to it in the update app. You could just make a guide, its not that hard to update. That if they still are on the older firmware, after that OTA should take over :).

8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Well. if you wan't quality, kodi forum is the best place to be, they really test boxes and make recommendations that are up to dat.

9. fdishy

fdishy Member

After I sell the box I sit down and teach people how to set up favorites to make it easy for them. I put 25 video shortcuts and offer to change some to their favorites. I teach them how to do it. I teach them all about the add ons. They love the service I provide. Most of my customers are over 50 and never seen this technology. I enable about 340 programs and have over 2100 to choose from. Some of these people have never had a computer. As far as writing my own program, I would probably do as well or better than most 28 year olds who grew up with this technology.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  10. fdishy

fdishy Member

Do you think the engineers could not or will not make an update to Android 6? Have you done much testing on any of the 10 or so versions of 17? WOW, Kodi needs to hire Koying back.

11. willieaames

willieaames New Member

So there`s no way i can watch hbo go?

12. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

unless they fix the HDMI deception app . no. HBO go Romania also does not work

13. nice159

nice159 Active Member

They can, but they will never make it. You'll have to buy X9S if you want Android 6. None of their boxes work as advertised so stick with X6.

14. Leoben

Leoben Member

Support eliminated? [​IMG]

15. Leoben

Leoben Member

nice159 likes this.