Which is better to use for mostly 1080p content, and 4k SDR?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nicholas Hewitt, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I've been using LLDV Output for everything, and like it so far, but I feel it's missing something. I have a 4k Dolby Vision TV with HDR10, and HDR10+ Support. What is the difference between using LLDV, and The VS10 Engine? Which is better?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

LLDV uses the VS10 engine to convert all content that isn't DV to LLDV so it's not really a question of which is best, one comes from the other.

The question is really, which is better - content in its native format (SDR, HDR or DV) or all content converted to DV and that's something only you can decide with your setup.

I would suggest watching all content in its native format would be best for a decent display (ie setting HDR to Auto) but it's personal preference.

Mariusz likes this.
  3. xskip

xskip Active Member

for me: AUTO.

Mariusz likes this.
  4. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

I have played with this some, hdr to dv lldv seems good, my set does not do hdr 10+
    sdr I find can be brighter say from windows, or other in scene environments, that feel like they get too bright. I don't notice this on hdr content.
    dv set to low, on my sony. 75x950h
    I seem to revert to AUTO after I experiment .

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    Mariusz likes this.
  5. Nicholas Hewitt

K thanks! I guess I'll just stick with LLDV.

6. nhtdm

nhtdm Member

This is my setting !

Attached Files:

7. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

sorry but you have a Z9x or something else?
    [​IMG]

8. nhtdm

nhtdm Member

Zidoo UHD3000

9. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

im enjoying running older sdr stuff thru either dv for sdr or just hdr10 forced
    Atm im watching SG Atlantis where i makemkv the episodes from my Bluray and watch them in HDR 10 via the zidoo

Another series im really enjoying is Star Trek Voyager
    These are 4K AI epis someones doing ,and running those via HDR 10 is giving an awesome picture ,even if only 4/3 scale

10. Nicholas Hewitt

Do you have a link you can share? Or maybe PM me with a link.

11. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

sent pm