Chat What to buy? X6 or X9

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by TheChief, Feb 20, 2016.

1. TheChief

TheChief New Member

Hi all,

A few years ago i bought at a garagesale a amlogic box for a few dollars. Now i want to buy a divice from Zidoo. If i may belive the reviews on the internet the best buy is the X6. This is i think a good box for me but the X9 has the HDMI in and thats is also a point of doubt.... Will i use it? Maybe....

So what do you guys think? Beter to choose for the X6 whit android 5.1 or the X9 whit the HDMI out? Much difference between the two divices aren't there i think. Will the X9 be updated to android 5.1?

TheChief

2. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

I own a X9 and since there no more support it would be a wrong choice. First for example we are stuck with a realy creeple xbmc (library is missing more than half title, no 3D in 2D) and other kodi do not have audio passthrue. Second recording from HDMI you will nedd device to strip HDCP and rip audio to 2ch, frame rate at 30fps only make all video jitter a litle. For X6 they fix some problem but now with X5 release support will end soon like they do for X9. I own two X9 and feel left in a corner... worst is zidoo have close firmware policies so no one can make custom firmware. I recently buy a Kangaroo mini pc (windows 10) and the only issue I have is passthrue in kodi not working but 5.1 pcm working good hd sound work. Depending if you want android I suggest consult freaktab forum for similar product with custom firmware.

3. TheChief

TheChief New Member

Hello Sarco.

Thanks for your advise. Its pity that they ar not supporting the X9 anymore. I will think about it iff zidoo is somthing for me because i like to install custom firmware and didn't now that Zidoo blocks custom firmwarw...

TheChief

4. papiguy

papiguy Member

The choice is to be made taking under consideration the future use.
    If recording is a main criteria, of course x9 is to be selected, even compared to other android boxes. There is no need to add a hdmi splitter, since a simple action in the settings make this unnecessary. However, a modification is to be made on the "recorder" to allow a correct HD 1080i recording.

The migration to Android 5.x is not an important criteria, the main one being stability of the system.
    As far as I am concerned, my 3 x9 are stable. Willing the new because it is new is a kid's attitude.

The same is for the maintenance. Maintenance is necessary for two purposes: removing the bugs and adding new features:
    - looking at the forum, We can see n ow quite nothing with regards to bugs.
    - as far as new features are concerned, they may be impossible due to hardware has limitations (lack of memory space for example). So that developing a new box could be a better choice.

5. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Papiguy, I can not record direct from my cable box even with drm setting. Digital Dolby will not record from my cable box or blueray but will be with none hdcp content. I always ask myself what type of file you record and what type you play. Seem you use kodi 15.2 instead of zidookodi... that mean your are not using HD audio but 2.0 chanel. In other word it look like you use zidoo with old crt tv.... and you are the only one who put X9 as nirvana of android tv box. For developement it stop 6 month ago, zidoo team do not reply to any threat or question... pavo m9 are half the price and inclued all zidoo software, of course only 1gb and 8 but as far has I know it do the same job as zidoo. Look like answer from TheChief is prety simple... he like custom firmware so even if as you think X9 is the Nirvana for him it will be hell.

6. papiguy

papiguy Member

Sarco,
    - my recording sources: satellite box, hard disk of this satellite box, internet (Netflix through a bluray player).
    - sound: even X9 can play DTS, recording is only stereo, which is the case of quite all TV boxes (and the AverMedia Game capture HD2 I also use for HD 1080i content, not correctly recorded by X9).
    - for movies I am pleased to play from time to time with better sound, I prefer to buy the BR discs...

The "Nirvana" of the box should be something like a X9 with, as a minimum, the following features:
    - proper recording of 1080i HD content, and further on UHD
    - possibility to modify the frame rate recording
    - multi channels sound recording
    - pause button for recording
    - simple video editor
    - larger RAM and ROM.
    - possibility to activate both RJ45 and Wifi connections.
    - possibility to modify the brightness of the clock
    and
    - an attractive price

but we cannot have our cake and eat it too...