VS10 limited resolution problem

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Genadi, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Genadi

Genadi Member

Hi,When I turn on the vh10, my TV is limited to 1080p, the TV is lg55uh8507...does anyone have a similar problem

Attached Files:

2. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

It's the same with the LG C6/E6 OLEDS. The problem is these 2016 TV's do not support LLDV which is the new Dolby vision (DV) specification for UHD 60FPS.
    They do support up to UHD 30FPS which is enough for watching movies at 24p. On Blu ray players DV UHD 24p does work on these TV's so it should be possible to fix/add support for this in the standard VS10 mode instead of 1080p 60.

The other problem is that even newer LG TV's like C8/C9 are having problems with DV 24p content at the moment http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/mirror-bug-with-dv-23-976-output-and-lg-c8-c9.81875/
    I think we need to be patient and hope when they fix LG bugs with lower refresh rates that it might work on our TV's. Because the TV doesn't support LLDV we might never get this option if Zidoo decide not to work on legacy DV support.

Edit - Put in a bug report the more people mention this perhaps Zidoo might look into it. (service@zidoo.tv)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    gymnos likes this.
  3. Genadi

Genadi Member

Rob w ,thank you for the answer, now at least I know the reason