Media Center Volume Label 11 character (display) maximum?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by Nice Monkey, Sep 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Using Media Center with some drives I was getting VL's (Volume Labels) but others would pop-up as HDD, HDD1 etc only.
    This was driving me crazy as I do use many HDD's typically labeled with the category of media/movies stored on them.

After many tries found out there is actually a strange VL limit of just 11 character positions. This limit can potentially be explained by the space on the screen under "Device List" which also allows for 11 characters maximum.

Can this behavior be changed? Truncating display there to those 11 positions should not be a real problem but the VL should still be functional in full length on other places. VL's > 11 positions still should be enabled. Making the label scroll is the best solution.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  2. zidoo

zidoo Member SUPER Administrator

will be check it.

3. Nice Monkey

@zidoo
    Any news on this? Also wrong on RTD1296 based players!

Apparently the VL length limit is really with Media Center only as HT2 in fact works with the correct full Volume Label also for storage with names longer than 11 characters. So Android is picking it up correctly.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  4. Nice Monkey

No comments? Updated the text and title to make it as easy as possible to be debugged and solved.