Video playback

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by napalmz, Aug 11, 2018.

1. napalmz

napalmz New Member

Hello,

I have the newest firmware for the X9 but there is still an issue with the video player settings.
    There appears to be a menu that should allow me to add my choice of video player but it does not.
    It shows the default video player but there is no option to select my player of choice.
    Just some text at the bottom (not a link/input) telling me to use the menu I am staring at to opt my own player.
    Well.. there is not a browse button for me to add my own player.

VLC plays pretty much everything and the default does not.
    I am trying to add it to the list so I can use it as my default but I am unable to do so.
    I have also checked Settings to see if I can add a default player there but I do not see that option.
    On my Zidoo I have about 5 players installed and it will not give me any option to use any of them.
    As it is I have to boot up the player of choice and use it to sort through the videos on file.
    Was that not tested properly or am I missing something?

2. kok seng

kok seng New Member

my zidoo x9s after upgrade.
    Now I CANNOT play rmvb files!!!
    previously don't have this problem!
    And yes, cannot change default Video Player.

Admin please update new upgrade version for these problem ASAP.

3. napalmz

napalmz New Member

This problem still persists.
    There is an "Open With" option available but that brings up a sub-menu with only 2 choices.
    Those choices are poster and play video.
    Poster seems to be for parental control and play video only uses the default player.
    "Open With" should give the option to use the player/app of choice but it does not do this.
    It should also let the person "check" an option to use the player of choice by default.

Other units that I own from different manufacturers give the option and thus far Zidoo is the only one that can't get this simple thing correct.
    I may not program in the same language but I can tell you that adding and testing such a thing should not take too long.
    Why not get this option fixed and working/tested properly?

Thank you.

4. bobbo

bobbo New Member

Just to confirm, I have two Zidoos running 2.0.34 and 2.1.1 firmwares and they both fail to perform just as you experience. I too would like to use VLC...athough, I've had no problems with the default player for Zidoo recorded videos. Still...….menus should work as they are presented. Send Tech support an email and ask them what the fix is or see if they will simply admit it doesn't work and they have no plans to fix it?

always: amusing.