Updated Preview: "Zidoo X" 4K UHD Hi End Media Player

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by Nice Monkey, Sep 12, 2019.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

yes they have readied there chipset etc for 8K tv
    Just thought the 1619 chipset had enough power so to speak to run 8k spec

but sadly was not in the spec even though was in motion circa 2 years ago .

oh well that be next years model so 1080p , 4K and 8K playback issues all rolled in to one . ;)

oh the headache making it all work together .

zarathoestra likes this.
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Added a paragraph on Dolby Vision VS10 as it is now announced to be implemented by RTD1619DR and what it brings.
    The difference is between RTD1619DD and RTD1619DR SOC's seems to be that VS10 engine plus matching SDK.

That new Z9X, Z10 PRO and Z1000 PRO will all be launched even before Zidoo X!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  3. snapo6

snapo6 Member

Indeed, site updated with specs and pictures.

https://www.zidoo.tv/Product/index/model/Z9X/target/VEMg6VRC2+9KKmVViAFMcQ==.html

4. Hi all I am very curious about how dynamic mapping works, since it is something that I expected for a long time, in many current TVs they incorporate it, but in projection the only ones that have taken it out on their projectors are jvc with good results. I don't use jvc and I was waiting for ziddo, because I sensed that they would not take long to revolutionize the market. If anyone can report or have seen something?

5. Nice Monkey

Moved over my own speculations paragraph with comments now RTD1619DR models were actually released.

The now obsolete paragraph has been replaced with a link to a facts topic:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...w-about-the-new-rtd1619dr-based-models.80434/
    The new Zidoo Neo X will for sure include it all too.

Some speculations on features and Zidoo strategy initiated with Zidoo X;
    - I am pretty convinced the formal option of installing ZDMC will be removed. Internal Players (Video, Music , Picture) are replacing that functionality integrally. Specifically the new HT3 should move current fans over to native Zidoo deployment. KODI/XBMC could still work as just another APP? This to move out further of the grey legal area in which media players mostly reside. No support for illegal IPTV APP's and related plugins to be facilitated anymore via that route.
    ZDMC APK 18.8 was released for all models
    - There is real hope for value add by Android TV OS with VOD like Netflix, Prime TV etc including all certifications and licenses (The HW can do it all for sure). Running Android TV OS e.g. instead of Android Leanback OS will confirm that direction. This if launched with it which I frankly do expect to happen. In fact Realtek RTD1395/RTD1619 SOC/SDK were clearly developed with Android TV 8+ implementations as a specific market target. Even Realtek's own demos use it.
    Not implemented by Zidoo, probably due to Realtek SDK clashes with Android TV which is a real pity (Android TV may not be customized).
    - We need to wait and see what happens with DV. UHD ISO reading with optionally playback of the DV 1080P stream on 4K HDR discs is not expected by me. All products offering it (with illegal CFW added) are being banned. Netflix with DV is likely specifically combined with the VS10 HDR engine.
    DV is supported for Netflix and extensive with MKV's but not ISO's as expected.
    To be honest even better than expected regarding the range of DV implementations.
    - HDR10+ is an entirely different ballgame and is expected by me to be included with the initial or a later FW update.
    Supported with initial FW as expected.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    zarathoestra and gymnos like this.
  6. Nice Monkey

There was an update on the Futeko forum: It is now called Zidoo Neo X being the third label.
    Estimated availability is said to be "End of 2020 maybe november" by Futeko.

The German Zidoo site had briefly an announcement saying 1 Oktober which in fact is very near. They also had an early price indication of € 2.000,- with it (see attachment).

We will once more need to wait and see what it will be finally.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    gymnos likes this.