Updated Preview: "Zidoo X" 4K UHD Hi End Media Player

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by Nice Monkey, Sep 12, 2019.

1. myzidoo

myzidoo Active Member Beta test group

DV- Won't happen I'm afraid..it's either or. DV licencing or drop all the other goodies like full menu and iso support/kodi install and all the other things...

...glad i kept my oppo 205 with iso support ... NB I would love to see zidoo with DV and iso. Therre might be a loophole between the licencing requirements and as long as there is no physical disk drive...maybe

@OlivierQC didn't dune HD loose their hdmi adopter licence some time ago??? https://www.hdmi.org/adopter/terminated

2. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Another picture of the Zidoo X..,

[​IMG]

Sony HAP-S1

see you

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    Nice Monkey and snapo6 like this.
  3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

The remote looks like a bit of a brick a handfull size hoping its just the photo making look brick like size as it maybe uncomfortable using ?

4. OlivierQC

I must tell you my friends that this is not the Zidoo X....

Take a good look at my message, I indicated the model by writing the message yesterday :)

5. DELUCAS

is it another cheaper Zidoo model X ?
    Or a clone version from another maker .....

6. OlivierQC

Here is the answer below :)
    [​IMG]

C'est un Sony HAP-S1

See you

7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Gives a good idea where the zidoo box design comes from. They simply reused it including the front display.

But the inside is beyond compare and is something completely different.
    Definitely not a clone in any aspect there.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  8. Acne

Acne New Member

The main question for me:

will there be support for Dual Layer Dolby Vision?

9. Nice Monkey

One simple answer, forget it. I would be extremely surprised if it will be.
    The only way I can foresee if somebody makes Custom FirmWare for it. The HW can do it all for sure.

For Netflix with DV that is easier to do but unlikely to be bundled either.
    Had a media player with it working perfectly but they were legally ordered to remove it with a pushed FW update.

Just my two cents.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  10. haQQo

haQQo New Member

THIS IS A DREAM. Announced AS OFFICIAL.

11. Acne

Acne New Member

if you are right, this will be just another Mediaplayer on the market and you can buy just as good a Nvidia Shield....

And still the M9702 is the king on the market, or in other words: you just have no alternative if you want to have Dual Layer DV. Unfortunately

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  12. DELUCAS

But the Nvidia Shield does not have internal storage for a drive bay which many buy this for that purpose and by the sounds of it this new chipset supports HDR10+ , Netflix 1080p ( will have to be confirmed )
    VP9 profile 2 and YouTube 4K HDR support.
    Android 9
    Poss this new chipset may output better picture Quality ( will have to wait for an answer on that one )

H.T.V3 will be upon as soon as well as Music player 5.0 update

so id welcome this new chipset which will tick a few more boxes for some
    Dolby Vision well ...........

13. riddleace

riddleace Member

Yes, i still hope with thats improvements and adding new codec AV1.

14. Nice Monkey

Did not see AV1 support announced anywhere.

Solving obfuscated playlists (Lionsgate) and seamless branching should be possible and are specifically advertised by Dune using the same new RTD1619 SOC. So Realtek seems to be addressing this finally.

Players for streaming services and players for media files (with Full BD menu, Movie Wall. HD Music and ISO containers) are different and conflictive markets. Realtek makes dedicated SOC's and SDK's for each.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  15. riddleace

riddleace Member

https://dune-hd.com/support/av1/index.html

look here Realtek RTD1319 will have it, so i think if this chip is from some family why not at 1619? And if not, why bought somethink with 1619 if he will not support AV1 if you will plan use Netflix 4K HDR or some others VOD services.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  16. Acne

Acne New Member

So many assumptions, so few facts

17. DELUCAS

H.T.v3.0 we are on now on Latest H.T.v2 v2.9.28 So V3 will happen very shortly so Fact !
    Music player will deff be updated as they are working on a new update so Fact !
    ZIDOO are signed up to HDR10 + so silly not to implement it on new Media box Fact !
    New chipset RTD 1619 will be on Android 9 Fact !
    It does support VP9 profile Fact !

18. karipu

karipu Member

Acne likes this.
  19. Acne

Acne New Member

20. DELUCAS

well it prob wont happen so you will end up leaving and going elsewhere and that be a fact also .

zarathoestra likes this.