Update Firmware Zidoo10 Pro

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z10' started by B3tolou, Dec 20, 2022.

1. B3tolou

B3tolou New Member

My Ziddo10 Pro is with software version 2.3.35 and Android version 7.1.1 , since when I bought it. I want to upgrade to the latest version available v6.4.42, but I can not, even following the instructions in the manual through the web or with an external flash drive. How should I proceed? I do not find the intermediate versions. Can I make straight to the latest version or do I have to go one by one sequentially?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You don't need intermediate versions, you can just install the latest.

You just copy the file (do not unzip it!) to a USB stick, plug it in and use the Update app - or go to "About/Update" from the main screen and hit "Update"

Is it a Z10 or a Z10 Pro? You've posted in the Z10 forum, not the 1619 forum - are you using the correct firmware?

Tarantula likes this.
  3. B3tolou

B3tolou New Member

Thank you for your attention. Was mistaken about the firmware version, my Zidoo is the Z10 and not the Z10 Pro as i believed. I will try again with the correct option and I believe it will be all right. My device works with android v 7.1.1. Is there update to this version of android?

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No, there's no way to update Android version other than through firmware and there is zero reason to do it - because these are local media players with their own interface and apps, there's nothing to be gained by updating to a new version of the OS.

Tarantula likes this.
  5. B3tolou

B3tolou New Member

I managed to carry out the upgrade of the firmware 2.3.35. for the version 2.3.88 without chocking and with success. Nevertheless, different apps are not more accessible, between them: PlayStore, YouTube, Chrome, etc... How I resolve this problem since I cannot access the playstore and try to go down and re-install the apps with problems?

6. B3tolou

B3tolou New Member

My Zidoo is Z10 model.

7. B3tolou

B3tolou New Member

In consultation with the Forum, I found a reference to install the application available at "GappsInstaller-rtk-7.1_v1.2.4.apk". I don't know what this application is or how it should be installed, whether before or after the update. Could someone be kind enough to explain if this procedure is correct and how to proceed?